Angels And Demons

Rate this topic

Guest Regan MacNeil

Guest LucyButler2000

I just wanted to take a moment to say Thanks to those of you who post the more detailed responses to these kinds of questions. One can learn a LOT in this forum because of it, and I enjoy reading it all immensely!

Kudos!

Edited by LucyButler2000

• 9 months later...

I was very intrigued by this thread and have posted in a forum down below a message concerning the movie Hellraiser and this episode. Predominantly I remember what Pinhead says in the first movie...

"The box... you opened it. We came. It's a means to summon us - Cenobites. Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others."

Seraphim's statement, "Sammael (Poison of God is one translation) is sometimes said (Rabbinic lore) to be an angel of punishment or death. He is often equated as being the Satan or a prince of hell." and Father Karras' statement, "So, in answer to your question, there is evidence to support the idea of Samael being both angel and or demon" got me to thinking that perhaps the cenobites are actually one of this special class of angels.

To date 10 people have viewed my post ( https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/i...?showtopic=4130 ) on this topic but perhaps it's because the message is buried - out of the mainstram discussion - or perhaps people aren't familiar with both Millennium and Hellraiser or perhaps its simply that nobody's interested. Whatever the case I'm posting a message here about it - sort of cross-pollenating the discussion - and we can either retire to the other string to discuss it or perhaps we can append it here, but I suspect the former is the better choice.

I'll be using this information to help develop my Millennium/Hellraiser crossover so any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Maxx

I was very intrigued by this thread and have posted in a forum down below a message concerning the movie Hellraiser and this episode. Predominantly I remember what Pinhead says in the first movie...

"The box... you opened it. We came. It's a means to summon us - Cenobites. Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others."

Seraphim's statement, "Sammael (Poison of God is one translation) is sometimes said (Rabbinic lore) to be an angel of punishment or death. He is often equated as being the Satan or a prince of hell." and Father Karras' statement, "So, in answer to your question, there is evidence to support the idea of Samael being both angel and or demon" got me to thinking that perhaps the cenobites are actually one of this special class of angels.

To date 10 people have viewed my post ( https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/i...?showtopic=4130 ) on this topic but perhaps it's because the message is buried - out of the mainstram discussion - or perhaps people aren't familiar with both Millennium and Hellraiser or perhaps its simply that nobody's interested. Whatever the case I'm posting a message here about it - sort of cross-pollenating the discussion - and we can either retire to the other string to discuss it or perhaps we can append it here, but I suspect  the former is the better choice.

I'll be using this information to help develop my Millennium/Hellraiser crossover so any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Maxx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Max...i was one of those 10 who read it...but i just havent had the time to respond...i will at a more appropriate time...right now its eaten up in kids baseball allstars, etc...

So, Seraphim, what do we know about Azrael? In the comic book, the publishers once said he was an angel of vengeance/death that comes out of Jewish lore, I believe. Can you confirm that? And do you know anything else about him? Is he interchangable with Sammael?

Thanks!

Max...i was one of those 10 who read it...but i just havent had the time to respond...i will at a more appropriate time...right now its eaten up in kids baseball allstars, etc...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for letting me know Fourth Horseman! I was beginning to think I was loosing my touch at asking interesting and intelligent questions!