With St Patricks Day nearly upon us I thought I would share a tradition in my family. If you have kiddos you might find this one fun. The idea originally came from a silly Brian Froud calendar about goblins. He says that while we all know what St Patrick did, we do not recognize the (unsuccessful) efforts of goblins through the ages that have tried to reintroduce snakes to the Emerald Isle.

We ran with this a little and on March 17th our Slitherin' Tide celebration will have a traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner. It will be plated in the kitchen and under each persons portion there will be little rubber snakes. And apart from the meal, there will be snakes everywhere. Hidden of course, but there will not be a pillow that does not have a stuffed or rubber snake under it. They will be in the fridge, and in her purse. They will be in with the silverware, and the towels. Every year it seems to get a little more over the top and so now it is almost a surprise if there is no snake. :) Now that the boys are older, we invite people over for a our silly holiday and they have fun with the planning and hiding.

We live in a world where too many people won't go far enough... won't do what they know is right... what they believe. I don't know how or why it got this way but the world has become so complicated, to involve yourself in someone else's problems is to invite them needlessly on yourself. ~ Frank Black

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ben, great to see you still here. Sorry that I had to take time off.

Glad to hear the snakes are made of rubber.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)