Sign in to follow this  
seesthru

I tried to make mozzarella cheese

Yep, youtube has people making mozzarella cheese with milk, rennet and citric acid. One lady makes it with milk, white vinegar and salt.... So I tried that. It was a total flop. I'm going to try again.

Has anyone else done this?

I am a horrid cook... However I like weird things, like making cheese with vinegar and milk. I might just get it right.

I don't eat or like mozzarella. I find it tasteless. It globs up, and binds you up. Yuck. puke1.gifboody.gif

In this, you can add flavoring to it. Spices, herbs, etc.. It is a VERY mild cheese. The homemade version using the vinegar is actually farmers cheese, not mozzarella. You'd not like it though, if you don't like mild. I need protein sources that are easy to eat, mild, and more than that, I wanted to make cheese and this is cheap! LOL

I love extra sharp cheddar and blue cheese, so I'm not big on mild. Laughing Cow's garlic and herb is awesome too.

I adore sharp cheddar. I love bleu cheese dressing! Occasionally though, I like the milder cheese like gouda.

Id love to offer advice but I literally burnt a pot that only had water in it last week. I got distracted then found the water evaporated and the pot blackened, closest i got to being a chef were the Gordon Ramsey expletives that exited my mouth. However if you need tips on toast though im you man, i got that down pat.

Everyone will tell you I'm a good cook, but mozzarella cheese is at the bottom of the list.

Seesthru ~ two mild cheese I like are Havarti and Provolone. I do also like Swiss, and oh my, Asiago, especially an Italian blend...yum.

Captain ~ I like my toast slightly brown, just warm enough for butter to melt. You can eat the charred ones. yucky.gif

• Like 1

I burned water too! LOL I call my cooking lethal. I try though! I like the weird stuff, like making the cheese an easy way. Oddball projects!

Well seesthru, at least you try. clapping.gif

It worked the second time around! I was more patient! LOL

Sign in to follow this