Okay, here is your chance to recast our beloved show. The rules are that you have to use real world famous people, not an actor as another person. So Forrest Gump could not be considered, but Tom Hanks could for example. And you are not limited to actors at all. Just imagine real people walking in and taking the rolls of MM characters...

I'll go first... I think Joe Biden would make a great Detective Giebelhouse. What are your picks?

We live in a world where too many people won't go far enough... won't do what they know is right... what they believe. I don't know how or why it got this way but the world has become so complicated, to involve yourself in someone else's problems is to invite them needlessly on yourself. ~ Frank Black

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll have to ponder this one.

Anthony Perkins is an excellent choice. I was leaning towards a younger Frank, and thought of Abraham Lincoln from The Walking Dead, who has proven to be an awesome actor. Here's Lance in

Posted Images

What an awesome post. I will definitely have to come back after I think about it for a bit, and I will have to start with Frank Black. Until I see in my mind's eye who plays his character, I just can't picture any other cast member. Can we bring Brian Roedecker back?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I am having trouble using anyone but actors,though I do like the Biden/Giebelhouse choice. I love old movies so I'll go with Bogey as Frank and Bacall as Catherine. Henry Fonda would make a good Watts. Lee J. Cobb as Bletcher. Rita Hayworth as Lara. I need to stop now icon_redface.gif

Anthony Perkins is an excellent choice.

I was leaning towards a younger Frank, and thought of Abraham Lincoln from The Walking Dead, who has proven to be an awesome actor.

post-3933-0-52142000-1396033418_thumb.jp

Here's Lance in his younger years.

post-3933-0-41182400-1396034274_thumb.jp

My second choice for Frank would be Nikolaj Coster-Waldau from Game of Thrones.

post-3933-0-47556200-1396033479_thumb.jp

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

The woman, on my what a gigantic list of choices, but I am totally convinced that Eva Green from Camelot, 300, etc. would have to be Lucy Butler.

post-3933-0-37743700-1396033611_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-19561800-1396033612_thumb.jp

Lara Means would have to be Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones, who is originally a brunette, but I personally like her better as a blonde.

post-3933-0-82401700-1396033698_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-22295200-1396033700_thumb.jp

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Now Catherine Black is a tough one. She has to be beautiful, sexy, but not sultry or too much of a cutie, because Catherine really is a tough woman as well as intelligent.

I thought of Bitsie Tulloch from Grimm.

post-3933-0-96769200-1396033998_thumb.jp

Then I realized that Bree Turner from Grimm would also be a good choice.

post-3933-0-06490500-1396034038_thumb.jp

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Lara Means would have to be Emilia Clarke from Game of Thrones, who is originally a brunette, but I personally like her better as a blonde.

My choice would be Gretchen Mol (Boardwalk Empire, 13th Floor) for the role of Lara.

o5hxfhqh3rqk3hqf.jpg?kj8as6ye

post-6893-0-81113500-1377438190_thumb.jp expect the unexpected

Anthony Perkins is an excellent choice.

I was leaning towards a younger Frank, and thought of Abraham Lincoln from The Walking Dead, who has proven to be an awesome actor.

Agree with Lincoln, he could play the early years of Frank.

post-6893-0-81113500-1377438190_thumb.jp expect the unexpected