Suddenly Millennium

Rate this topic

Does anyone know where you can see this?

It used to be on youtube but was removed for copyright violations. I was willing to buy the episode of MadTV, but it appears that is not a possibility either. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks!!!

I think and hope this is the video you are talking about.

Well, I've tried twice to upload it and it said both times, "You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file." It's a .flv file, so maybe that's the problem. I have ConvertXtoDVD, so I could convert it to another format. I would just have to read how. All I've done with that program is convert to DVD format.

I also see no reason why I couldn't email it to anyone who would want a copy. Let me know. This is the title to the video I have ~

"Suddenly MillenniuM - This is who we are (TIWWA)"

I've tried to use Dropbox to post links but obviously I don't know what I'm doing, and, I think the links have to be shared through an email. At the website I'm not even seeing the video, yet I show it has been uploaded. Very confusing.

The video is only 12.6 MB, yet I wasn't allowed to post it here, and I have no idea why. It said I don't have permission.

Graham, I may need your help with this so everyone who would like a copy of the video can have one. I'm converting it over to a DVD format since it's a .flv file. Please let me know Graham if there is anything else I can do, and how.

I can email it from my computer since it's a small file because Ben received it, so if you want it, let me know.

Also, I have the old MLM website images and interviews, but it's too big to upload all at once, and way too many files in it to do separately. So again, I can email it.

Here's the link it's giving me for the .rar file (zipped) of the old site. I use The Extractor to unzip. Hope the link works ~

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a1l94byux3o0wd/Millennium%20WebSite.rar

Here's the link to the VLC Player at videoLAN. I know it works, and it's a free player and considered one of the best out there. It will fix problems while playing a video, but the fix is not permanent ~

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

I did get it but have had trouble watching it. It works for Darlene, but by the time it gets here it does not. It plays, but all I see is a soundless black screen. It would be great if someone with more tech skills could help. And Darlene you are the best for archiving this stuff.

• Elders (Moderators)

Darlene, could you email the video to me?

".flv" is Adobe's Flash Video format, which may not always play properly, I guess because it's to do with what version of Flash that people have on their computer.

My view on copyright is this: It's both a legal and a moral issue. Every creator of a work has the right to protect their work from unlawful copying in order to protect the integrity of their work and their financial interests. But in a case like this, there is no chance of the copyright holders of this clip making any money out of it in the future. Morally, in my view, it is an archival item, and will only be preserved by fans sharing it.

As a comparison: In recent years, there have been old episodes of "Dr Who" which have been rediscovered. Not by the BBC, who taped over the original recordings, but from fans who had breached copyright by taping the episodes from their TV.

I converted it over to DVD format, but sending it in an email is impossible. Email programs send files, not folders.

Yes Libby, it is a Flash Video, but it does play fine in VLC and I suggest everyone download this free and fantastic player.

I will email it to you today.

I just noticed that my Real Player is missing. I can't find it anywhere, not even in my programs list. How did that happen and where did it go? Real Player can convert a .flv to an mp4 format.

The only Real Player available now is the Cloud, so I guess they deleted it from my computer. I do still have all my videos in the RP downloads folder, and again, VLC played everyone that I picked at random. When I finally finish this download and figure out the new program, I will convert the video. Real Player is how I downloaded it in the first place. Hope they still allow that feature.

See ya later, have to close my browser.