Suddenly Millennium

Rate this topic

Finally, got it downloaded and it's searching for media files. Maybe once it's finished I can actually use the program. RP should convert the .flv, which I definitely want to do. I couldn't believe that Real Player was nowhere to be found on my computer. Poof, gone. Now I'm in the clouds...yeesh.

It seems that RP Cloud has all the same features, but separated. They have a downloader and a trimmer separate from the player now.

Amazing, all this inconvenience for all of us over one small video...I will be so glad when things are back to some sort of normality with RP. The video would have been converted by now.

• Elders (Moderators)

You know that you and Randee couldn't quite the hang of my "plug it into the wireless router"? Yeah, I can't quite get the hang of what you said up there ^. laugh.gif

Never mind, it'll all work out, somehow.

The .flv came through via email quite quickly. And, as you said, it plays fine in VLC. I tried uploading it here as an ordinary file in The Donut Hole, as I would an image, but that didn't work. I then went to the video section, which I'd never uploaded to before, and tried to upload it direct from my hard drive, but that didn't work. I then uploaded it to my website, and tried pasting the url into the video section, but that didn't work - there are only a few acceptable sources.

I'm out of my depth here. Some techie stuff I can do, and quite obviously there's other techie stuff I'm clueless about. fool.gif

We all are learning this techie stuff more every day. I finally got the new Real Player on my computer, it's now "Real Player Cloud," but can't sign in because I can't remember or find my password. When I try to reset it, it tells me there isn't an account with my email address, yet the previous window said there was already an account with my email address and I need to create a new one. I can't, there's already one with my email address. Very frustrating.

I have made a copy of the video and put it in my Real Player Downloads folder, and now that I'm back online, I will attempt to convert it over to mp4, which Real Player brags can be done, and converted to many other formats. I just hope I don't have to sign in to do it. We will see. If it does convert to mp4, the I/we should be able to post it. Again, we will see.

I hope Ben downloaded VLC Player, that would solve his viewing problem.

I opened Real Player Cloud, and it isn't finished importing files. At least it's doing that much.

Thanks Darlene! You are a rock star!

I don't know about being a rock star, but I do like rocks. When I go to the lake I walk around looking for unique ones.

I'm just glad that I kept the video and was able to figure out how to share it. I have a few other goodies tucked away, magazine articles, and even some of our Skype chats. They would be fun to listen to. I need to check their size and see if I can upload them, otherwise it's sharing through emails or my new Dropbox, which I barely know how to use yet.

• 3 years later...