I Am Confused Over Some Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest Seraphim

Ack, sorry, you are correct, the Canon does predate Constantine. I am rusty on my early church history. o.x I recalled a good portion being canon during the time of Iranaeus. For some reason I remembered it not being official till Constantine's reign. It has been awhile, I need to freshen up. I myself consider I and II Enoch and some of the Nag Hammadi books to be acceptable. I find Christianity makes more sense from a Gnostic stance and some of the books go quite well with canon. Though, one can argue that Old and New Testaments are not always so compatible. I often wonder how present Christianity would be if such things like the "Arian" issue has not been treated as anathema, but instead embraced. I'd go on a bit more on how demons and angels are and are not connected, but I am staying out of the "personal belief" sector. Thank you for pointing out my error. Often people will avoid doing so on boards. Or if they do, it's in a argumenative and childish manner. o.x

Edited by Seraphim

The Binle itself is an awful source for information on angels and demons.

Indeed, trusting in the Bible for accurate information regarding Satanic matters is like trusting in FOX news to provide "fair and balanced" journalism.

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Yeah... those Bible authors really had it in for Satan. Didn't give him a fair shake at all. I mean, even going so far as to call him "Satan," which means "accuser."

[/sarcasm] :gaba:

Edited by Mikal C Johnson KtCym ECA

Yeah... those Bible authors really had it in for Satan. Didn't give him a fair shake at all. I mean, even going so far as to call him "Satan," which means "accuser."

[/sarcasm] :gaba:

In addition to its later translation as "accuser", the word satan in Hebrew is generally accepted to mean "to obstruct", but it also has in it the idea of an opponent or an adversary (i.e., one who challenges). Thus Satan was originally conceptualized as one who "obstructs' or 'challenges".

Anyway, you're right that there's a lot of information about the subject of angels and demons in non-Biblical books. And some of the information contradicts other bits. So it can't all be accepted.

LOL, given THAT reasoning (i.e., that non-Biblical texts contradict each other so they cannot be accepted), there are so many contradictions in the canonical Bible itself that it shouldn't be accepted either!

Of course, all this illustrates that attempts to believe that ANY single text is the Word of God (to the exclusion of all others) is idiotic, and the history of mankind is stained with the blood of such idiots.

Again, I reiterate... (redundant, I know).

Thanks for the invitation, although I disagree that the MillenniuM forum is an inappropriate place for this discussion. MillenniuM was an upsetting show for many, one that dealt with many dark topics. I see nothing wrong with delving into topics directly related to the show's mythology.

Furthermore, it is naive to think that every person who frequents this board is a do-good like Frank Black. Some of us find the evil characters just as interesting.

Edited by Forza

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Actually, the discussion of personal religious views is not on topic here.

To properly respond to the allegations made above would stray completely from the topic of MM.

You have told me that my beliefs are "idiotic" and implied, thereby, that I am an idiot. This is not the place to discuss that... the forum linked above is open-topic. Come defend your statements of admit that you're wrong.

Edited by Mikal C Johnson KtCym ECA

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for providing the link Calixar.

As you pointed out, currently as a result of past tensions and a bout of unpleasantness in the past, religious discussion is not allowed here.

Thanks guys.

Graham.