I Am Confused Over Some Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest Seraphim

Thanks for putting the link. However, "debating religion" isn't my thing. It is not hard to poke holes in most of the world's major religions, Christianity being a very easily dissecetd one, but it is no matter of mine what others chose to believe. Therefore, I don't go for such things. On a side note, I do think there should be a forum for discussion of religion. If anything, that's one of the biggest aspects of the show MillenniuM. Though the fact that topics (Like the angelic one that I made several posts in) are allowed I don't mind. The opinionated stuff can get messy. I am actually surprised some of the political topics as of late have been tolerated.

-(this is NOT targeted at yourself Serephim)-

..... Religious discussion connected directly with MM and it's episodes IS allowed. it is NOT, NOT, NOT banned. The reasons for doing this have been laid out, time and again. religious debate is not currently allowed at this time because of past/flagrant abuse and flamebaiting in the now closed "Osophy" forums which were intended for such things, unfortunately. If these forums never ended up the way they did then it likely that my own forum would not have forced, though understandable, limitations placed on it for now. But that's how it is for now and it is a decision that may or may not change in the future, but if or until that happens, MM's spiritual themes related to the series is absolutely fine to talk about.

....more heated dicussion IS allowed in the debate den rather than other parts of the board. This also has been explained why. #1 it helps to contain such discourse of NON-MM dicussion, for those who more or less make thier home here, to one certain and specific area of this board only so it will not end up like another past message board and risk degenerating. This has been, and IS, very effective in it's goal and purpose and also for people who like to "mix it up" and challenge one another, even if it gets heated.-(that's part of what debating is all about,IMHO.) If people want religious debate/discussion so badly then when some leeway is given it might help if everyone could prove they can do so in a respectfull way without firebombing/flamebating literally the instant it is brought up.-(just a thought?)

...anyway the den, and the other OT forums are here as a service mainly to the constant members though anyone is welcome! Again with regard to the den, it serves very specific purposes, not all of which are flamebating or containment reasons. but is that part of the reason, for me anyway when i thought it up? HELL YES! That's why the den is here and why it will continue to be there as long as i am around, anyway.

...when things, very rarely, get out of hand in the den it is taken care of and we move on. Are members aware how may, in my opinion, major PUBLIC incidents have occured here in about 2- years? you can count 'em on one hand. We have some of the most amazingly talented, smart and dedicated members here. And it shows.

Sincerely,

se7en :ouro:

Thanks for providing the link Calixar.

As you pointed out, currently as a result of past tensions and a bout of unpleasantness in the past, religious discussion is not allowed here.

Thanks guys.

Graham.

..... Religious discussion connected directly with MM and it's episodes IS allowed. it is NOT, NOT, NOT banned ... religious debate is not currently allowed at this time because of past/flagrant abuse and flamebaiting ... more heated dicussion IS allowed in the debate den rather than other parts of the board.

I stand corrected (on this point alone); thanks for the clarification, Old Man & Se7en. Sorry for opening old wounds, especially in the wrong place!

Edited by Forza

Guest Seraphim

I had heard a bit about the problems in the Selfosophy forums that happened and understand why you would be weary to have "debates" regarding religious views. I know general religious discussion is okay, though. Religious arguments often go nowhere as people are often set in their way and just get vicious towards each other. Though, it is is interesting when science and religion fight, only to have philosophy jump in and knock them both aside. ^_^;;;

So is there a board in tiwwa for religous disscussion such as was going on here because it was close to leading into some questions that I have with the whole good evil thing. I'm not wanting a spot for heated debate because I hate religous debate. I just have some points in my belief system that contradict eachother and would like a new veiw to explore.

Guest Seraphim

Unfortunately, there is no forum for said purpose. You can PM me with questions if you like. I consider myself very open to things. I also don't follow any organized religion and am not too biased.

• Elders (Admins)

The subject of its return is often discussed between Elders in the Elder forums but as yet nobody has had the time or expressed with any certainty that they will want to re-open such an area. The situation may change at any time if I can be persuaded things wouldn't get out of hand. We've had enough problems recently with political debate alone for me to ultimately consider re-opening such a volatile arena.

I don't have the time to review and monitor such discussion (and don't consider myself qualified either to do so beyond judgeing what is acceptable behaviour for a messsage board community) so I would have to be totally reassured that any platform would be 100% looked after and moderated at all times.

I recognise that there are many religious themes in Millennium and as a fan site we should encouage discussion along those themes so it may yet happen, nothing is ruled out. Episode linked religious debate is of course still allowed as previously stated so many times.

...............actually there really have not been problems with political debate-(heated exchanges within the guidelines of the den rules does not equate problems.)- at least not ones which took care of themselves. Just my opinion as i am often there and i do scrutinze the posting quite regularly.

just to clarify a bit,

se7en

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gledster2000

To being this thread back to the episode discussion (which I don't really have a right to do with my paltry 7 posts) I think that, be they demons or not, all the killers in Lamentation and PPT&D are various incarnations of evil. They may be demons they may not but they are all part of the same 'force' as it were.

I can't really think any further than that at the moment, I'm hungry. Sorry.