Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)
On 6.11.2017 at 1:40 PM, Merowig said:

Thank you for Jack O' Lantern/Battery/790 Days" !!!

You're welcome.

Snow Files of the Week: "Main Title/Having a Baby/All about Ned" from "Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All" (1994).

This score shows Mark's orchestral side, combining beautiful themes with sweeping strings and a little bit of Americana.

The album was released by Milan Records and still can be found for reasonable prices. It's definitely worth it.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you, Darlene. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "The Rescue" from the tv movie "Smoke Jumpers" (1996).

Let's celebrate the release of this score on "The Mark Snow Collection Volume One".

This was another chance for Mark to venture further into the world of orchestral scoring. "Smoke Jumpers" is a tv movie from 1996, starring Adam Baldwin, about a group of firefighters that jump from helicopters to extinguish fires. The track here, "The Rescue", shows, that Mark can indeed write bold and heroic music. It's different from his electronic sounds, but nevertheless worth a listen or two.

Get your copy of "The Mark Snow Collection" here: https://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/masncovo1ors.html

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Capsules/A Mother Never Forgets/Mulder’s Memories" from "The X-Files: The Event Series", episode "Founder's Mutation" (2016).

As the X-Files returned in 2016 so did Mark Snow. His music for the new episodes is familiar, but with enough new elements to keep it interesting. The score is more minimalistic overall, but nevertheless Mark wrote some wonderful themes.

"Founder's Mutation" is the second episode of the event series. It evolves around a scientist who is experimenting on children with genetic anomalities to cure them. Scully and Mulder have visions of their son William, who is genetically different too. At the end of the episode Mulder fantasizes about his son William being grown up to schoolboy-age. He plays with him, builds a rocket and launches it and witnesses his abduction, just like he did with his sister. Back in reality Mulder looks at a photo of William. The music by Mark for this scene, "Mulder's Memories", is surely one of the most beautiful tracks of the event series.

The tracks were taken from the 2CD set, released by La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Alex, am I correct in assuming that there is an album for the, "The X-Files: The Event Series?"  And did you mention it in a previous post.  I just don't remember.

Again, thank you for another enjoyable post.  I truly look forward to them every week.    :tongue:    :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
On 26.11.2017 at 7:34 PM, Earthnut said:

Alex, am I correct in assuming that there is an album for the, "The X-Files: The Event Series?"  And did you mention it in a previous post.  I just don't remember.

Yes, there is and yes I did. ;)

Snow Files of the Week: "Ernest Saves Christmas/Christmas Spirit" from the movie "Ernest Saves Christmas" (1988).

It's that time of the year again and Mark Snow joins the celebration with this jolly score. Performed by an orchestra this score shows Mark in perfect Christmas spirit, very different from his more darker ambient stuff.

The score hasn't been released officially yet, there is only a promotional CD out there. Maybe someday we'll see a proper release.

Enjoy!