Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

On 1/2/2018 at 4:48 PM, seesthru said:

The zombie thing did go too far.  I only watched it to find out what happened to Frank and Jordan..so much left unanswered there!

I was thrilled about there being a crossover and why I watched it.  Frank and Jordan's future will always be filled with questions.  Our fan production, MLM Apoc., and of course our imaginations, may be all we get and have.

• Like 2

It is all there will be.  I'm glad that in the end we have a Frank in 2000 that leaves with his daughter, having foiled the big MG goal of trying to force the "second coming"  In my mind they get on with a normal life, missing Catherine of course, but no dips back into the mire.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Prologue/Main Title/The Boys Find The Cave/The Kiss/Happy Ending" from the tv movie THE LITTLE KIDNAPPERS (1990).

For this Disney Channel production Mark again could get his hands on an orchestra. The "Main Title" begins with a solo flute and transforms into a wonderful, soaring piece of music. The theme presented here also makes its way into the rest of the score, with happy child adventures music like "The Boys Find The Cave". The score again shows Mark's abilities to create memorable music outside of the X-Files universe.

The score was released, together with Mark's music for IN THE LINE OF DUTY: SMOKE JUMPERS, on the "Mark Snow Collection Volume 1" by Dragon's Domain Records. The CD is limited to 500 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SadEyes said:

Snow Files of the Week: "Prologue/Main Title/The Boys Find The Cave/The Kiss/Happy Ending" from the tv movie THE LITTLE KIDNAPPERS (1990).

For this Disney Channel production Mark again could get his hands on an orchestra. The "Main Title" begins with a solo flute and transforms into a wonderful, soaring piece of music. The theme presented here also makes its way into the rest of the score, with happy child adventures music like "The Boys Find The Cave". The score again shows Mark's abilities to create memorable music outside of the X-Files universe.

The score was released, together with Mark's music for IN THE LINE OF DUTY: SMOKE JUMPERS, on the "Mark Snow Collection Volume 1" by Dragon's Domain Records. The CD is limited to 500 copies.

Enjoy!

Thanks again Alex for another awesome post.  I have this album and absolutely love it.  Made a copy and have been playing it in the car.  It's awesome.  So looking forward to a vol. 2.  Alex, surely there will be one; won't there?

~           ~           ~

EARTH----->  Mr. Belch, what other TV show.  :19:  :wtf:

NUT

Edited by Earthnut
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, beerbelch said:

BEER-------> 'X Files' -  new one this Wendsday. Let's see if Mark has new material.

BELCH

EARTH------->  Oh my, thanks Mr. Belch for the reminder.  I forgot all about the new XF.

NUT

• Elders (Moderators)
On 8.1.2018 at 8:15 PM, Earthnut said:

Thanks again Alex for another awesome post.  I have this album and absolutely love it.  Made a copy and have been playing it in the car.  It's awesome.  So looking forward to a vol. 2.  Alex, surely there will be one; won't there?

Well, I'm sure they didn't call this volume 1, if they didn't plan doing another one. But since this is called "Orchestral", the next volume could be more electronic music by Mark.

Snow Files of the Week: "Prayer/Suicide Exam" from the X-Files episode "Die Hand Die Verletzt (1995)".

A remarkable score by Mark for this episode. The story around satanic rituals, belief and possession inspired Mark to this very dark and gothic score. The brooding ambient music sets the mood for the chilling events that occur at a high school. Mark also brings some satanic chants into the music, making this one of the most memorable scores of the entire show.

"Die Hand Die Verletzt" is german for "The Hand that wounds". The term can be heard in the satanic prayer the teachers are doing at the beginning of the episode. Ironically the episode got another title in Germany, where it's called "Satan".

Music from "Die Hand Die Verletzt" was released on the second volume of the X-Files 4-Disc-Box-Set by La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SadEyes said:

Well, I'm sure they didn't call this volume 1, if they didn't plan doing another one. But since this is called "Orchestral", the next volume could be more electronic music by Mark.

I can't believe I didn't think of that.  Of course.  With Mark Snow, it doesn't matter, he's still a music master.  His ability to let us hear what we are feeling in a any scene is amazing.

Yes, that prayer at the beginning is, to me, eerie, and/or haunting.

Again  :thanks:  :52:

• Like 1