SadEyes

Snow Files of the Week

It absolutely amazes me that you are able to, not just keep track of all of Mark's music, but know the story for each track.   :notworthy: 

Alex, thank you again and again and again.  :52:

14 hours ago, The Old Man said:

That's because he's a Mark Snow genius! Kind of like Mark Snow, really!

I wish. :11: Thank you both for your kind words. :16:

Snow Files of the Week: "Gehenna Part I/Dylan/Gehenna Part II" from "MillenniuM", episode "Gehenna" (1996).

"Gehenna" is the second episode of the first season. The word "Gehenna" is hebrew and means "Hell". In this episode, written by Chris Carter, the leader of a death cult burns his victims inside a giant industrial oven.

Mark uses the melody of the main theme pretty often within his score. "Gehenna Part I" begins with a beautiful rendition of the theme, as Frank Black covers up his daughter Jordan in the bed. The music follows a colleague of Frank as he discovers the industrial oven and almost gets burned in it himself. The track "Dylan" plays in the interrogation scene, when Frank talks to a young man about the "face of the beast" and the "red rain". "Gehenna Part II" marks the final scene of the episode, when Frank is in the hospital with his wife Catherine, telling her that he is unsure of whether the "bad man" ever can be caught.

Those tracks were released on the second volume of "MillenniuM" music by La-La Land Records. The 2CD set is limited to 2.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Mark is definitely a genius when it comes to expressing the place the show wanted you to be in, even hell, yet never over-did it that would ruin the music.  He always kept it haunting.

Again Alex, thank you for your posts.  :52: 

:love2:  Thank you for being our Music Valentine.  :chocolate:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SadEyes
      Dragon's Domain Records have released "The Mark Snow Collection Volume One". The set includes two of Mark's tv movie scores, "The Little Kidnappers" and "In the Line of Duty: Smoke Jumpers". The CD is limited to 500 copies and the first 50 copies sold through their website will contain a signed booklet by Mark.

• By The Old Man
      Millennium Soundtrack on sale offer for one week

LaLaLand Records are currently running a one-week only sales promotion dedicated to soundtracks from the nineties, which includes some great reductions on both available volumes of Mark Snow's stunning MillenniumSoundtrack.
      The first 2-CD Millennium Volume One is available for only $10, discounted from $24.98. The second 2-CD set Millennium Volume Two is available for only $15, discounted from $24.98. La La Land's announcement reads:
      This is an ideal opportunity to buy music from Chris Carter's Millennium.
      Thank you LaLaLand Records and Mark Snow for making these long-awaited releases possible.
      Related links:
      Millennium Music section
      Feature: Millennium Limited Edition Original Soundtrack (Volume 1) by Mark Snow
      View the original article:
      https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/news/429/millennium-soundtrack-on-sale-offer-for-one-week/
    • By The Old Man
      Mark Snow, composer of Millennium's main theme and soundtrack music was born 26th August 1946 in Brooklyn, New York, USA.
      https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/guide/crew/profiles/mark-snow

• By SadEyes
      On April 25th La-La Land Records will release a 2CD set with Mark's music from the six new X-Files episodes, that aired in 2016. No tracklist yet, but the cover artwork.

• By RDSWYSD4
      Greetings.  Forgive me for being new.  Ha.  I missed this series when it first came out due to work schedule, moving... and life.  I have finally picked up all three seasons and am watching like a mad person.  Anyway, I hope this question is in the right place... it's regarding music in the episode "Sense and Antisense".   I have spent a couple of hours searching and reading websites and cannot find mention of the music playing at the beginning of the episode when the bleeding man gets in the cab.  It's only a short piece, but reminds me of music by Enigma.  If anyone knows what group performs it... I would be appreciative.  Not sure what to think of Season 2 yet.  Season one had my mouth agape at practically every single episode.  What an amazing classic series.  There is truly nothing like it.  Thanks again. 
    • By manderson
      La La Land Records have just announced that they are releasing a new volume of Millennium music and reissuing the first volume..both on June 5th. The advertisement says June 2nd, but it will be on June 5th!

• By The New Number 2
      Chris Carter has said Mark Snow will be back:
      "The show will count once again on the talents of composer Mark Snow."

(LINK: http://www.xfilesnews.com/index.php/xfiles-news/latest-news/1566-xfn-exclusive-chris-carter-on-xfilesrevival)
    • By SadEyes
      On July 29th, La-La-Land Records will release a slightly expanded version of the score from the first X-Files movie:

Source: XFilesnews.com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.