Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks to you for listening.

Snow Files of the Week: "Lone Gunmen Requiem" from "The X-Files", episode "Jump the Shark" (2001).

This piece of music accompanies the final scenes in this season nine episode. In the same year, the Lone Gunmen had their own tv show, which wasn't very successfull sadly. It was over after 13 episodes and the last episode ended with a cliffhanger.

The cliffhanger was resolved in the ninth season of "The X-Files". The Gunmen try to prevent an assassin from setting free a biological weapon. They get exposed to this weapon and decide to give their lives in order to save other people. Mark scores the tension of the hunt perfectly and pulls the listener into it.

In the final scene, we see the Arlington cemetary with three new coffins standing on the green lawn. As the camera moves up to show the coffins surrounded by the white crosses in the final shot, Mark plays a mournful variation of the Lone Gunmen theme, using the sound of a solo trumpet.

The music was released on the first box set of X-Files music from La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 2.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Very soothing track, as always, I look forward to your posts.  Thank you Alex.  :52:

And seesthru, I too was gutted when they killed the guys off.  Then again, remember what happened at the end of Omerta?  They could, somehow, someway, be alive, but I kinda doubt it.  We have closure with them gone.

Edited by Earthnut
  • Like 1

The xfiles recent episode where Langley's intelligence was uploaded in a computer network and he was in hell, wanting help to destroy it,  gave hope that maybe they didn't die.  I vaguely remember a scene of them hiding underneath their graves in a bunker at Arlington.  So it' s kinda iffy here iffy there...  I think they were pretty integral to the X-Files.   But then again so was Catherine to Millennium...   Guess it doesn't matter if this is the last of the X-files after season 11 anyway...

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:53 PM, seesthru said:

The xfiles recent episode where Langley's intelligence was uploaded in a computer network and he was in hell, wanting help to destroy it,  gave hope that maybe they didn't die.  I vaguely remember a scene of them hiding underneath their graves in a bunker at Arlington.  So it' s kinda iffy here iffy there...  I think they were pretty integral to the X-Files.   But then again so was Catherine to Millennium...   Guess it doesn't matter if this is the last of the X-files after season 11 anyway...

BEER-----> If it means anything - on my TV server (Freedom) they list certain things for TV programs. Tonight's episode on X-Files it is listed as 'Season Finale' not 'Series Finale'. I have seen 'Series Finale' for other programs.

It must be coming back next season.

BELCH 

EARTH----->  Bet you're right Mr. Belch.  If it were the "Series Finale" it would say so, not "Season."  I just hope it doesn't take forever for the next season to air.  Downloading the last episode today.

NUT  :tease: