Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

I felt that the Lone Gunmen had a fitting ending in season 9. It was like fulfilling their destiny to sacrifice themselves and become unsung heroes.

Snow Files of the Week: "Of What Might Have Been/Repressed Feelings" from the movie "Private Fears in Public Places" (2006).

A score, that fits into the cold winter landscapes. Mark's first collaboration with french director Alain Resnais gave us this wonderful score. During the editing process, Resnais used music from The X-Files and MillenniuM in the movie. So it's no wonder that Mark's final score has familiar sounds from both shows.

The score was released by BUYSOUNDTRAX.COM, limited to 1000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SadEyes said:

I felt that the Lone Gunmen had a fitting ending in season 9. It was like fulfilling their destiny to sacrifice themselves and become unsung heroes.

Good point ! !

Love this album.  Thrills me to say I am a proud owner.

Thanks again Alex.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Memories of Youth/Motiv-8/Rectal Palpitation" from the tv show "The Lone Gunmen" (2001).

The short-lived X-Files spin-off had a much brighter mood and was more into humour. David Duchovny did a special guest apperance on the show and after it was canceled it got its conclusion in the ninth season episode "Jump the shark" of the X-Files.

Mark's music was also more light-hearted, combining wacky comedy with dark suspense and spy music. Musical highlights from the show were released by La-La Land Records, together with music from the fourth Chris-Carter-Show "Harsh Realm". The CD was limited to 2.000 copies and is sold out.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Prologue and Main Title/I’m Pregnant/End Credits" from the tv movie "In the Line of Duty: Smoke Jumpers" (1996).

An elite group of firefighters jumps from helicopters to extinguish fires. One firefighter must choose between his love for his family and his addiction to life-risking danger.

Mark composed a heroic score for orchestra, which unfortunately suffers a little bit from the typical small orchestras in 90's tv movies. Nevertheless there is a noble main theme and lyrical sequences for the family scenes. One track from the score was already released in 1997 on the sampler "The Snow Files". Dragon's Domain released the score last year, paired with Mark's score to the tv movie "The Little Kidnappers". The CD is limited to 500 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: Suite from "The X-Files", episode "Requiem" (2000).

This episode is the season finale of the seventh season. There was a realistic chance back then, that this could have been the final season of the show. So the creators took some loose ends, like the story arc about Mulder's sister, and brought them to a conclusion.

"Requiem" shows Mark again on top of his game. Beautiful piano themes, suspense and a big finale show that Mark still put his heart and soul into the music, even after seven seasons and by then one movie.

The music was released on the first volume of X-Files music by La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 2.000 copies. Special thanks to my friend Danny (aka Nightwalker) for the suite.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

The video would play, but I couldn't hear it.  Checked my computer volume and it was up high enough.  The video showed max volume level, but no sound.  I tried to reload the page and that didn't help either.  Sorry.