Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "M. Magdalene/Divine Daughter" from "MillenniuM", episode "Anamnesis" (1998).

This is one of the two episodes in the entire series, where Frank Black takes a step back and leaves the stage for his wife Catherine. She teams up with Lara Means to investigate the possibility that a schoolgirl experiencing visions may be biologically descended from Jesus Christ.

Mark's music fits the religious tone of the episode. There is a soft piano theme for the schoolgirl and etheral choir work to accompany her visions. Also, the sampled flute sound from the episode "Luminary" returns in this score.

The tracks are taken from the second volume of MillenniuM music from La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 2.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Glad to say I am a proud owner of this album.

Some of the music at the beginning reminded me of the favorite track of mine, "All His Children" from the episode "Force Majeure."

Thanks Alex.  Always appreciate your posts every week.

• Like 2

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: Suite from "The X-Files", episode "Detour" (1997).

In this season five episode, Mulder and Scully investigate the mysterious disappearance and murder of three men in the Apalachicola National Forest in Florida. Attacked by a human-like creature that seems to blend in with the surrounding forest the agents get lost in the woods and try to survive the night.            

Mark Snow provides an eerie piano theme for the setting and his trademark dark soundscapes. The music is taken from the third 4CD box set with X-Files music, released by La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Ah, I remember this X-Files episode Alex, lush green but strangely eerie forest!

Where the creepy score speeds up, is probably a scene where someone was dragged off by the unseen. Thanks for this week's instalment!

• Like 1

Yes, thank you again Alex.  You have no idea how much I appreciate your post every week.  :hug:

While I was listening to the track, I was multitasking, and was so relaxed that I didn't even notice the music ended.  Wow, that just doesn't happen to me.  Mark is a genius.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you! 🙂

Snow Files of the Week: "Ending", from the IMAX feature "UFO - The Truth Is Here" (2001).

Mark's music for this IMAX movie assembles the mood and sounds of his early X-Files music. Dark, ambient drones and mystical soundscapes guide the listener into the world of the unknown.
The CD was only available at IMAX theatres in Sweden, where the movie was playing and is now a very hard to find collector's item.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Good Morning L.A./Jason's Theme" from the motion picture "Skateboard" (1978).

This is a very early piece of music by Mark, back in the days, when he wasn't composing dark and moody electronic music yet. The music is very groovy and relaxed, perfect for a summer day on the beach.

An album was released with the movie, which contains some tracks by Mark and 70's style Skateboard songs. It is only available on vinyl and audio cassette, maybe someday we will see a CD release too.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

I have a computer program that can rip a cassette to it and then a CD can be burned.  A cassette player would be connected to my computer if I had the room since I have a ton of cassettes.  Where did you get this track, or do you have the cassette?

Mark is a music genius no matter what he creates, or when.  Thanks Alex...enjoyed it.  :hug:  

Edited by Earthnut
  • Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
1 hour ago, Earthnut said:

I have a computer program that can rip a cassette to it and then a CD can be burned.  A cassette player would be connected to my computer if I had the room since I have a ton of cassettes.  Where did you get this track, or do you have the cassette?

Mark is a music genius no matter what he creates, or when.  Thanks Alex...enjoyed it.  :hug:  

I have the LP. But I found the whole LP program several years ago as mp3, ripped from the LP. So this is where this comes from.