Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

Where did you find the British DVD?  I have a program that can convert it  to my region.  Having trouble finding it here, but I will keep looking.  I don't mind any foreign film as long as it has English subs.

Never made the connection with Danny Elfman, but I do now.  And of course the awesome, Cher.  Even a small clip is a treat from her.

Again, I proudly say I am an owner of this album.

Thanks Alex.  :23:   :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
On 9/30/2018 at 9:35 PM, Earthnut said:

Where did you find the British DVD?  I have a program that can convert it  to my region.  Having trouble finding it here, but I will keep looking.  I don't mind any foreign film as long as it has English subs.

I found it on the Amazon marketplace.

Snow Files of the Week: "Titles/Sadie tells about Tate" from the tv movie "Helter Skelter" (2004).

For this movie about Charles Manson and his "family", Snow composed a very dark and brooding score. Dark ambient soundscapes, combined with tender moments and a hauntig female solo voice.

The CD was released by Buysoundtrax Records, limited to 1000 copies.

Enjoy! 

...very dark and brooding score. Dark ambient soundscapes, combined with tender moments and a hauntig female solo voice.

So true and I need to add "eerie."

Thanks Alex for another Snow file.  :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "People & UFO's/ Life Among The Sun's Family" from the score to the IMAX feature "UFO - The Truth Is Here" (2001).

This is a very rare piece of music by Mark, since the album was only available at IMAX theatres in Sweden. The music assembles the best parts of Mark's ambient music for the early X-FILES-Seasons (no surprise considering the subject matter).

The CD is a very rare collector's item, since it was never available for sale online and is now very hard to find.

Enjoy!

I think I may have this album but not sure.  After a long search in 2010, I found a "FLAC' format posted to download, but without track titles and have only played it on the computer.  I want it on a disc but need the track titles.  How many tracks are in this album?  The title for the album I have, 8 tracks, is "Mark Snow, UFO," so it could be the same, just posted different.   If it's the same, would you mind listing the track titles for me?

I read at IMDb that there's a Sweden documentary in 2001, and would love to see it.  Have you seen or heard of it, or maybe have it?

Thanks again Alex for another enjoyable post.  :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
On 10/15/2018 at 7:59 PM, Earthnut said:

I think I may have this album but not sure.  After a long search in 2010, I found a "FLAC' format posted to download, but without track titles and have only played it on the computer.  I want it on a disc but need the track titles.  How many tracks are in this album?  The title for the album I have, 8 tracks, is "Mark Snow, UFO," so it could be the same, just posted different.   If it's the same, would you mind listing the track titles for me?

I read at IMDb that there's a Sweden documentary in 2001, and would love to see it.  Have you seen or heard of it, or maybe have it?

Thanks again Alex for another enjoyable post.  :hug:

No, unfortunately I haven't seen the documentary. I only know that it's a swedish production and that Mark did the music for it. But I got some information concerning the tracklist and overall credits:

Tracklist:
01. Introductin
02. People and UFO's
03. Explaining UFO's
04. Real Encounters
05. Life Among the Sun's Family
06. The Search for Alien Life
07. What's up in the Night?
08. Ending

Total time: 47min 30s

Credits:
Score composed by Mark Snow
Executive producer: Robert Urband
Mixed and recorder by: Larold Rebhun
Special thanks to: Tom Callen, Larold Rebhun, Robert Urband, Sandra Cortez, Sally Zito and Jeff Charbonneau.

Snow Files of the Week: "Prayer/Suicide Exam" from the X-Files episode "Die Hand Die Verletzt (1995)".

Just in time for Halloween a very eerie score. A remarkable piece of music by Mark for this episode. The story around satanic rituals, belief and possession inspired Mark to this very dark and gothic score. The brooding ambient music sets the mood for the chilling events that occur at a high school. Mark also brings some satanic chants into the music, making this one of the most memorable scores of the entire show.

"Die Hand Die Verletzt" is german for "The Hand that wounds". The term can be heard in the satanic prayer the teachers are doing at the beginning of the episode. Ironically the episode got another title in Germany, where it's called "Satan".

Music from "Die Hand Die Verletzt" was released on the second volume of the X-Files 4-Disc-Box-Set by La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Oh my Alex, thank you so much for the track list and credits.  I am sure it's the same album since there's 8 tracks.  My download was just titled, "UFO," which is a good indication it's the same one.

I have just had a shock.  I realized I don't have the original soundtrack for the X-Files with either of the tracks you posted.  My "original" has 14 tracks, starting with "One," then "Flower Man" and ending with the X-Files theme.  I have the Event Series (Original Soundtrack, 2 disc), 6 promo tracks, and Truth & Light.  Just saw that stupid Windows Media Player has duplicated The Event Series to 3 copies.  Wonder if La La has any left, and if not, maybe there are copies available.  Will probably get it after the 1st (funds) if I find it.

The Event Series has the track "Prayer" and one titled, "Sveta Exam."  Googled it and in Russian the name "Sveta" means "Luminescent," not "suicide."  I probably have most of the tracks from the original, and who knows, maybe all.  Will have to compare them.

Thanks again for another enjoyable post.  :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
16 hours ago, Earthnut said:

Oh my Alex, thank you so much for the track list and credits.  I am sure it's the same album since there's 8 tracks.  My download was just titled, "UFO," which is a good indication it's the same one.

I have just had a shock.  I realized I don't have the original soundtrack for the X-Files with either of the tracks you posted.  My "original" has 14 tracks, starting with "One," then "Flower Man" and ending with the X-Files theme.  I have the Event Series (Original Soundtrack, 2 disc), 6 promo tracks, and Truth & Light.  Just saw that stupid Windows Media Player has duplicated The Event Series to 3 copies.  Wonder if La La has any left, and if not, maybe there are copies available.  Will probably get it after the 1st (funds) if I find it.

The Event Series has the track "Prayer" and one titled, "Sveta Exam."  Googled it and in Russian the name "Sveta" means "Luminescent," not "suicide."  I probably have most of the tracks from the original, and who knows, maybe all.  Will have to compare them.

Thanks again for another enjoyable post.  :hug:

The set is still available at La-La Land Records. And they are having a 16% off sale at the moment. You can find it here: https://lalalandrecords.com/x-files-the-volume-two-limited-edition-4-cd-set/

And of course you're welcome and thank you.

I so appreciate your time sending the link, thank you, but sadly, I can't afford to pay 50. for CDs, even with a 16% discount offer.  As much as I'd love to have them, it's way over my budget, being on a fixed income.  It really isn't that expensive, but for me it is.  Thinking maybe I could find a used set on ebay, Amazon, or someplace else.  Worth the time searching.   :23:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Jack O' Lantern/Battery/790 Days" from "MillenniuM", episode "The Curse of Frank Black" (1997).

What would Halloween be without "The Curse of Frank Black"? A very popular episode amongst fans of "MillenniuM", it features everything you could hope for on this night: Strange happenings, Demons, black cats, witches, ghosts and an overall dark and tense atmosphere. Mark brings the moody episode to a higher level with his dark and spooky music. At the end of the episode, Mark even incorporates a piece of classical music into his score, the "Sarabande" by Georg Friedrich Händel.

The music was released on the first volume of "MillenniuM" music by La-La Land Records in 2008. This edition sold out and was re-released, limited to 1.000 copies.

Happy Halloween! 

• Like 1