Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

Thanks for the heads up Alex.  At eBay it's 14.95 plus standard shipping of 4.45.  Would you believe people are selling it at Amazon  for 39.99 with 3.89 shipping?  There's one used-like new for 18.95 with 3.99 shipping.  Hopefully it will still be available after the new year, and maybe by then the prices will drop, since it will be after the holidays.

I am definitely one person on the list that loved Omerta.  It was heartwarming, and brought Jordan some healing.  Definitely it is a big change from all the darkness in most MLM episodes.  And the music, oh yes, I so agree, "one of the most outstanding scores in the three years run of "MillenniuM."  The vocals are so breathtakingly beautiful that you can almost physically feel them.  Another favorite is from "Force Majeure" titled, "All His Children."  Oh my.  I was thrilled when it was on Mark's MLM Volume 2, Disc 1, track #17.  :I-love-Lucy-Butler:

Proud owner of this album, and thank you so much for posting these tracks.  They have made my day and going to listen to them again.

:23:   :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Search your heart/Passing the Torch" from "Ernest Saves Christmas" (1988).

And we continue the celebration of the Christmas spirit with two more tracks from Mark's Christmas score. Mark gets in the mood for Christmas with warm and lush strings and combines that with some big brass moments.

While we're waiting for an offical release of this score, let's be happy that there is a promotional release with this wonderful music.

Enjoy!

On 12/9/2018 at 12:39 PM, SadEyes said:

While we're waiting for an official release of this score, let's be happy that there is a promotional release with this wonderful music.

Enjoy!

Totally agree, so thankful for the releases, and of course always thankful for you.  :23:   :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
On 12/10/2018 at 8:04 PM, Earthnut said:

Totally agree, so thankful for the releases, and of course always thankful for you.  :23:   :hug:

Thank you so much, Darlene. 🙂

Snow Files of the Week: "Suite" from The X-Files, episode "Christmas Carol" (1998).

For this season 5 episode of The X-Files, Mark composed a very haunting and sometimes eerie score. But I guess that's what it's like celebrating Christmas with Mulder and Scully.

The music was released on a promotional disc first, which also contains music from the episode "Post-Modern Prometheus". Later, some of it was also featured on the first 4-CD-Box-Set from La-La Land Records, limited to 2.000 copies.

One re-recorded track from "Christmas Carol" also found it's way onto the album MUSIC FROM THE X-FILES: 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION, that was released by BUYSOUNDTRAX.COM. This CD is limited to 1000 copies and is also available digitally.

The suite contains music from the promotional release, as well as music from the first 4-CD-Set.

Enjoy!

I always "Enjoy."

May be a tad confused with this post and haven't the time right now to listen to all the tracks that I have to compare them.  There are 3 suites to Christmas Carol, and 3 suites to Post-M Prom...  Are all 6 suites in this video or just 1 of each?  The suites are 10 minutes or less, so I'm assuming they are all included since your post is 18 minutes long.

Such enjoyable music, and yes, some places are very haunting and eerie.  Love Mark Snow.

Appreciate seeing the images in the video, some of which I have never seen before.

Thank you again and again.  :hug:

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)
1 hour ago, Earthnut said:

I always "Enjoy."

May be a tad confused with this post and haven't the time right now to listen to all the tracks that I have to compare them.  There are 3 suites to Christmas Carol, and 3 suites to Post-M Prom...  Are all 6 suites in this video or just 1 of each?  The suites are 10 minutes or less, so I'm assuming they are all included since your post is 18 minutes long.

Such enjoyable music, and yes, some places are very haunting and eerie.  Love Mark Snow.

Appreciate seeing the images in the video, some of which I have never seen before.

Thank you again and again.  :hug:

I made this video seven years ago and to be honest, I can't remember which parts of the suites I used. 😁 But I guess you are right, I included all of them, just shortened them a little bit.

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Delete/Branches-Angels" from "MillenniuM", episode "Midnight of the Century" (1997).

"Midnight of the Century" is the Christmas episode from the second season of "MillenniuM". It's been a fan favourite ever since, that fans keep rewatching over the holidays. The episode deals with the death of Frank Black's mother when he was a child and the broken relationship with his father. A very touching and moving episode, even for viewers who didn't watch every MillenniuM episode.

Mark's music adds to the overall melancholic and magical feeling of the episode. He uses a soft theme for strings, combined with etheral choir sounds, to accompany Frank's quest into his past. The track "Delete" was already used in the X-Files episode "Emily". It got a slightly different arrangement for "MillenniuM" by Mark's music editor Jeff Charbonneau.

The tracks are featured on the first volume of MillenniuM music by La-La Land Records, which is limited to 1.000 copies.

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "The Smell of Zombies/The End of the Crusade" from the X-Files episode "Millennium" (1999).

Chris Carter's second show "MillenniuM" ended before the year 2000 came along. So Carter and his team were looking for a way to bring the story of Frank Black and the MillenniuM Group to a closure. This happened with an X-Files/MillenniuM crossover in the seventh season of "The X-Files".

As disappointing this crossover for many fans was (after three seasons of "MillenniuM" it ends with Mulder and Frank Black shooting zombies in a cellar), as outstanding was Mark's score for the episode. It gave him the opportunity to combine the mourning violin from "MillenniuM" with the soundscapes of "The X-Files". And as Mulder and Scully finally kiss while watching the celebration of the new year 2000 on TV, Mark introduces the traditional "Auld Lang Syne" into his score and a rare statement of the X-Files theme at the end of the scene.

The music was released on the first limited 4-CD-Set of X-Files music from La-La Land Records, limited to 2.000 copies.

Happy New Year!