Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

You're welcome, as always. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Ending", from the IMAX feature "UFO - The Truth Is Here" (2001).

Mark's music for this IMAX movie assembles the mood and sounds of his early X-Files music. Dark, ambient drones and mystical soundscapes guide the listener into the world of the unknown.

The CD was only available at IMAX theatres in Sweden, where the movie was playing and is now a very hard to find collector's item.

Enjoy!

Awesome Alex, thank you again and again. I so wish there were some way you could post the entire album. IMAX's database states there are none available. sad.gif

Came back to say that there are people out there offering $100 - 500 for the CD. It's in big demand.

• Elders (Moderators)

It's true, the album is very rare. In fact, I haven't seen it anywhere since many years now. It seems that just a handful of people really got it back then, when it was available. Maybe someday one of the small film music labels will put it out again. But if you look closely within this thread, you will find more tracks from the album. ;)

Snow Files of the Week: "Of What Might Have Been/Repressed Feelings" from the movie "Private Fears in Public Places" (2006).

A score, that fits into the cold winter landscapes. Mark's first collaboration with french director Alain Resnais gave us this wonderful score. During the editing process, Resnais used music from The X-Files and MillenniuM in the movie. So it's no wonder that Mark's final score has familiar sounds from both shows.

The score was released by BUYSOUNDTRAX.COM, limited to 1000 copies. Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: Music from the tv movie "Street War" (1992).

This tv movie was another entry in the "In the Line of Duty" series, a series, which took real police cases and made them into tv movies. It already has Mark's distinctive sound palette of atmospheric electronics and percussion. Mark also used the main theme of "Street War" again one year later in the episode "Gender Bender" from the first season of "The X-Files".

Intrada released an album back then with music from several "In the Line of Duty" movies, scored by Mark. The album is still available.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Memories of Youth/Motiv-8/Rectal Palpitation" from the tv show "The Lone Gunmen" (2001).

The short-lived X-Files spin-off had a much brighter mood and was more into humour. David Duchovny did a special guest apperance on the show and after it was canceled it got its conclusion in the ninth season episode "Jump the shark" of the X-Files.

Mark's music was also more light-hearted, combining wacky comedy with dark suspense and spy music. Musical highlights from the show were released by La-La Land Records, together with music from the fourth Chris-Carter-Show "Harsh Realm". The CD is limited to 2.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks, Darlene. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Trickster/The Wound" from the tv show "Harsh Realm" (1999).

After "MillenniuM" Chris Carter started his third tv show, while "The X-Files" were still on air. "Harsh Realm" sadly missed to create an audience, that would keep the show running. It was cancelled before the first season was over. In the seventh season of "The X-Files", episode "Sein und Zeit", the father of the little girl Amber Lynn LaPierre is actually watching "Harsh Realm" on tv early in the episode.

Mark looked for a slightly different approach to the Virtual Reality plot of the show and came up with more industrial soundscapes for the show. But this doesn't mean he skipped his melodic talent. These two tracks are the perfect example. Mark combines an etheral choir sound with his spheric tunes, performing a haunting variation of the main theme he composed.

Music from "Harsh Realm" was released by La-La Land Records, paired with music from "The Lone Gunmen". The CD is limited to 2.000 copies.

Enjoy!

I have an original copy of this CD. Tracks 1-18 are The Lone Gunman, and tracks 19-33 are from Harsh Realm. I so wish that series had been picked up for another season, at least a second so we could have had complete closure. I found the end of The Lone Gunmen very depressing, but guess that's why they ended it the way it did, for closure.

Thanks for posting this, I got my copy out to listen to. Appreciate your posts more then you could possibly imagine.