Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Loners/Lost Angels", from the tv miniseries "Night Sins" (1997).

Two very beautiful tracks from this amazing score. "Loners" is a moody, kind of sad piece of music, with Mark's deep strings and a lovely piano motif. In "Lost Angels", we hear a haunting choir added to Mark's unique string sound.

The score was released by BUYSOUNDTRAX.COM and the CD is limited to 1.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

And again, you're welcome. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Three Lonely Women/Secret Desires" from the french movie "Private Fears in Public Places" (2006).

This movie marks the first collaboration between Mark and french director Alain Resnais. Mark would continue to score Resnais' movies right up to the director's death in 2014.

The movie was temp-tracked with music from "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM" and it is that certain sound, that Mark brought to his score. The music overall is very melancholic, matching the somber tone of the movie, in which it's constantly snowing.

Unfortunately Mark's music was very much butchered in the final movie. There are only snippets of his tracks left, that serve as transitions between scenes. An album was released by BUYSOUNDTRAX.COM, which contains the full score by Mark, even with the parts, that were cut from the movie. The album is limited to 1.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Always enjoy your posts Alex, thank you.

All my CDs are still packed, but I am positive I have this album, and for sure on the computer. Love it. I also love "Les herbes folles (bande originale du film d'Alain Resnais)." I listen to it often and also have it on the computer. Tell us something about it.

• Elders (Moderators)

LES HERBES FOLLES (aka WILD GRASS) was the second collaboration between Mark and Resnais. It's a different kind of movie and a different approach by Mark. The music is still very melancholic, but with more "happiness" than PRIVATE FEARS IN PUBLIC PLACES. Mark and Resnais also learned from the experience with PRIVATE FEARS, where Mark's music was really butchered and most of it cut out of the movie. So Mark composed shorter tracks for LES HERBES FOLLES, running about 1 minute, 1 minute 30 each and as a result, all of Mark's music can be heard in the movie. The same goes for their third collaboration, YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET.

Snow Files of the Week: "Hypothermia/Scully's Discovery/Mulder's Email Message/Skinner helps Scully", from "The X-Files", episodes "Colony" and "End Game".

Several pieces of music from these two classic season two episodes. A comatosed Mulder is brought to an Arctic hospital, suffering from hypothermia. Scully arrives just in time to see Mulder's heart monitor flatline. Mark's music starts slow and becomes more driving and urgent as Scully arrives.

The rest of the tracks underscores a series of scenes from "End Game". Scully discovers a strange retrovirus in the alien bounty hunter's blood. Scully desperatly needs to inform Mulder, just before Skinner has an elevator fight with X and delivers more informations to Scully.

The music was released on the second volume of X-Files music from La-La Land Records. The set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: Suites from "MillenniuM" (1996/99).

What better way to celebrate the re-release of the "MillenniuM" 2-CD set (and of course the release of the second 2-CD set with more music from the show), than listening to this wonderful music again.

This suites contain music from all three seasons of "MillenniuM", that were released on the 2-CD set by La-La Land Records and also music, that wasn't on the first set, but showed up now on the second volume.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

I have no clue how to post a music track, and would so love everyone to hear the one I've wanted all these years and finally have from Force Majeure, "All His Children." It's on the new Vol 2 set, Disc 1. Please Alex, if you can, post that track.

Thank you again and again for your posts, I so look forward to them every week. Love, huggers, and eternal appreciation. notworthy.gif

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you, Darlene. :) Unfortunately, I still haven't got my copy of Volume Two, so I can't help you with that yet. :( The mail is so slow these days, because they're on strike here in Germany.

Snow Files of the Week: "Elders/Crossroads/Space Hole", from "The X-Files: Fight The Future" (1998).

When "The X-Files" stepped into the world of movies in 1998, it was a great opportunity for Mark to bring his electronic music from the show to the next level. Equipped with an orchestra, Mark pounded out maybe his best orchestral score ever, transforming his electronic soundscapes into full orchestral beauty. Some bits of the score were also used in several episodes of the tv show.

With the movie came an album, that contained Mark's music. Unfortunately there was a major flaw in the mastering. The stereo channels were reversed, which led to an overall muffled sound. By the end of last year, La-La Land Records released a new album with Mark's score from the movie, which not only contains more music than the old edition, but it also got rid of the sound problems. This edition is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Thank you, Darlene. :) Unfortunately, I still haven't got my copy of Volume Two, so I can't help you with that yet. :( The mail is so slow these days, because they're on strike here in Germany.

...isn´t the track on your promo edition that you had shown us ?