Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Starspeak/Hidden Truths/Big Happening" from "The X-Files, season 8, episode "This is not happening" (2001).

At the beginning of season 8, Mark introduced a theme for Scully. The theme got a vocal performance by Nicci Sill, singing the words "We are near", to heighten Scully's quest for Mulder. In the episode "This is not happening", the theme reappears in an instrumental version, when Scully is talking to Skinner about a conversation she once had with Mulder.

When Mulders dead body appears on a field at night, Scully knows that the only help is Jeremiah, the healer. But before Scully can get to him, she witnesses an alien spacecraft abducting Jeremiah. Mark scores the scene with big, dramatic music, turning Scully's theme into an epic march.

These tracks are featured on the first volume of X-Files music from La-La Land Records, which is now sold out.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you for listening. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "El Lobo/Sling Blade" from "The Lone Gunmen". This short-lived X-Files-spin-off focused more on humour. Mark's music also has a brighter touch to it, with sometimes even James-Bond-like spy music. The cliffhanger of the show was resolved in the ninth season of THE X-FILES, with the episode "Jump the shark".

Mark's music was released, limited to 2000 copies, by La-La-Land Records some years ago and is still available there, now for only $4.98. The album also has music from the fourth Chris-Carter-show, HARSH REALM, on it.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/101281178

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you for listening. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "El Lobo/Sling Blade" from "The Lone Gunmen". This short-lived X-Files-spin-off focused more on humour. Mark's music also has a brighter touch to it, with sometimes even James-Bond-like spy music. The cliffhanger of the show was resolved in the ninth season of THE X-FILES, with the episode "Jump the shark".

Mark's music was released, limited to 2000 copies, by La-La-Land Records some years ago and is still available there, now for only $4.98. The album also has music from the fourth Chris-Carter-show, HARSH REALM, on it.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/101281178

If you haven't already got your copy of Mark's "Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm" album, better be quick. This comes from La-La Land Records:

Just finished up inventory and we have some low quantities to report:

Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm - less than 50 copies remain

• Like 1

If you haven't already got your copy of Mark's "Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm" album, better be quick. This comes from La-La Land Records:

Just finished up inventory and we have some low quantities to report:

Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm - less than 50 copies remain

I got mine as soon as it was released, and so glad I did.  Thanks again for the track down memory lane.

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "We're married again/Lucy Remembers" from the mini-series "Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All" (1994).

This is one of Mark's more unusual scores. Whilst already working on the first season of "The X-Files", for which Mark composed more dark ambient soundscapes, he also worked on this mini-series. It's a full orchestral score with beautiful themes and motifs.

The album was released by Milan Records and you can still find it for reasonable prices.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

You're welcome. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Pool Fantasy/The Death of Taylor/Nehemiah's March" from the movie "Crazy in Alabama" (1999).

The movie marks the debut of Antonio Banderas as director and while he doesn't star in the movie, he put his then wife Melanie Griffith in it as the leading lady. The story takes place in the 60's and is one of the few opportunities for Mark to score a movie.

The three musical pieces show three different styles. While "Pool Fantasy" is a more mystical piece of ambient music, with a MillenniuM touch due to the use of the violin, "The Death of Taylor" proofs once again, that Mark can write some beautiful piano themes. "Nehemia's March" is a more positive, uplifting track.

An album was released with the movie, containing Mark's music, as well as songs. The CD is still easy to find in used condition.

Enjoy!

Another awesome track.  At around 4 minutes in I heard a section that reminded me of "Luminary."

Tippi Hendren and her daughter Melanie Griffith went to my church when I was young, but after awhile they stopped for whatever reason.  Probably found another church or just stopped going.  Naturally Melanie was a little girl like me, but Tippi wouldn't let her socialize with us.  Oh well.

Edited by Earthnut