Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

BEER----> Off topic a bit, but about Gillian. Anybody catch the last scene in 'Hannibal' last Friday? If you haven't check out what Gillian is eating.

BELCH

Again SadEyes, another awesome track(s), thank you.

Mr. Belch, I missed some episodes, so I'm going to have a Hannibal marathon.  I will get back to you regarding the Hannibal menu.

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Lost Causes/Lost Puppy/Confession" from " The Lone Gunmen" (2001).

Brighter in its general tone, this X-Files spin-off show was more into humour than scares. It focused on the three nerds that became one of the most famous sidekicks in "The X-Files". Sadly there wasn't a fanbase similar to "The X-Files", so only 13 episodes were produced. The cliffhanger of the show was then resolved in the ninth season of "The X-Files", episode "Jump the shark".

Mark's music also wasn't going for scares. It even has a slight feeling of James-Bond-like spy music, combined with Mark's wonderful themes and tunes.

The music was released on CD by La-La Land Records, limited to 2.000 copies. The album also features music from the fourth Chris Carter show "Harsh Realm". There are less than 50 copies left at La-La Land Records.

Enjoy!

Even though I have the album, I don't think of putting music in every day while working around the house, and it's always a treat to hear Mark at least once a week while here.  Usually I end up putting one of his CDs in the machine afterwards, or the following day for more.  Thank you so much.

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you, Darlene.

Snow Files of the Week: "Trying to connect/True Feelings" from the movie "Private Fears in Public Places" (2006).

The days are starting to get shorter again and with fall is just around the corner this score by Mark is the perfect companion. It was the first collaboration between Mark and legendary french director Alain Resnais. Three more would follow until Resnais` passing in 2014. The movie tells the story of different people in Paris, looking for love in one way or another. The somber tone of it, with constant snowfall, gave Mark the opportunity to compose one of his most beautiful scores. The movie was at first temp-tracked with music from "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM" and it's no wonder that you hear similarities in Mark's final score.

An album with the music from the movie was released by Buysoundtrax Records, limited to 1.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Edited by SadEyes

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Stake Out/Factory Shoot" from the tv movie "Conundrum" (1995).

Starring Marg Helgenberger and Michael Biehn this tv movie is a cop thriller. Mark composed a very beautiful Love Theme for the movie, for which he used female solo vocals. The score overall has a slight melancholic touch, as well as some suspense music. Already working on "The X-Files" at this point, Mark used his sound palette for this movie too. In these two tracks for example you can hear a flute sample, that he also used in several "X-Files" and "MillenniuM" episodes.

The Love Theme was included on the sampler "The Snow Files: The Film Music of Mark Snow", the full score was released by Buysoundtrax.com, limited to 1.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

You're welcome, again and again. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Green Goo Chase/The Wells Brain" from "The X-Files", episode "The Erlenmeyer Flask" (1994).

This season one finale is one of the most iconic X-Files episodes. And Mark does his very best to hold the viewer (and listener) at the edge of their seat. The two tracks show Mark in action mode, as well as his haunting suspense music.

The two tracks were released on the first set of X-Files music from La-La Land Records, which is now sold out.

Enjoy!

Hi all, I'm brand new here and thought this might be the best place to ask- I'm looking for a piece of music that I heard in "Exegesis". Its that dark... I guess "industrial" it reminds me of.. its in the sequence where Frank and Emma are down in the missile silo sneaking around. Its one of my favorite Mark Snow compositions. I don't have the recent CD soundtracks, but I see that no music from Exegesis is on there- was this track played in an earlier episode? I really appreciate any help.