Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "People & UFO's/ Life Among The Sun's Family" from the score to the IMAX feature "UFO - The Truth Is Here" (2001). This is a very rare piece of music by Mark, since the album was only available at IMAX theatres in Sweden. The music assembles the best parts of Mark's ambient music for the early X-FILES-Seasons (no surprise considering the subject matter). The CD is a very rare collector's item, since it was never available for sale online and is now very hard to find. Enjoy!

We had a previous conversation about this album, here's the link to it ~

I never received the link to download the album, and after I sent a PM requesting it, I received no reply. Oh well.

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow File of the Week: "Suite from Pearl Harbor II: Pearlmageddon" (2001). Did you ever wonder what Mark Snow would sound like in Hans Zimmer/Trevor Rabin mode? Well, here is the answer. The score for this short movie was really fun for Mark. The movie itself is, as you can tell, a parody of Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer action movies and needed a score, that sounded just like the ones in those movies. The cues, that Mark composed, are very short, since the movie only runs 11 minutes. But they are fun to listen to, so enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

SadEyes, I so appreciate these posts and I look forward to them every week, thanks.gifnotworthy.gif

Thank you for your kind words. :) It's really nice to see that people respond to this in a positive way.

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Overlooking Tradition/The Challenge/Chain Gang" from "Harsh Realm" (1999). The short-lived Chris Carter show of course also had a musical score by Mark Snow. His approach was more industrial than on the other Carter shows "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM". But nevertheless he wrote some very haunting tunes for that show, too.

The score was released on CD by La-La-Land Records, paired with Mark's music for the "X-Files" spin-off "The Lone Gunmen". Enjoy!