Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "A Message of Faith" from "Night Sins" (1997).

Of course, the score has the familiar sounds, that we already know from Mark's work on "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM". "Night Sins" has a beautiful main theme, which gets its finest presentation in this track. Mark also added etheral choir work to it and showed again, that he indeed can write beautiful piano themes.

The album was released by BSX Records and is limited to 1000 copies.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/92740610

I always enjoy your posts Alex.  Again, another awesome track by Mark.  Thank you, thank you.  I have and love this album, so it was great to hear a track from it.

It's a shame they can't be viewed and played here.  Is Graham working on it or is it something that can't be fixed?

• Elders (Admins)

A lot of work has gone into this and it's been traced to an issue at Vimeo. Until they resolve it, some videos won't embed, unfortunately. Alternative options are to click on the link to view the video on the Vimeo website, or to host the videos on another site such as YouTube until their API is fixed.

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Choices/Finis" from "Private Fears in Public Places (aka Coeurs)" (2006).

This movie marked the first collaboration between Mark and french director Alain Resnais. Resnais had the rough cut of the movie temp tracked with Mark's music from "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM". It's therefore no surprise, that the final score sometimes reminds the listener of these shows.

Mark's score is very melancholic and soft overall, matching the movie's tone, where it's constantly snowing. The movie follows a group of people, that are essentially looking for love, in one way or another, but after all, it's really a movie about loneliness.

Mark's score was pretty much butchered in the final movie. Resnais only used 10 to 20 second bits of the music between certain scenes, leaving the main part of the score out of the movie.

The score can therefore only be heard entirely on the album, which was released by Buysoundtrax Records, limited to 1000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

I will, thanks Darlene. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Pugilistic Attitude/All His Children" from "MillenniuM", episode "Force Majeure" (1997).

Requested by many fans, the music from the episode "Force Majeure" makes its appearance on the second volume of music from "MillenniuM". In this episode, Frank Black investigates a series of suicides among a group of young women, that essentially all look the same. Cloning experiments come into play, as Frank Black meets Dennis Hoffman, a man, who wanted to join the MillenniuM group some time ago and is intrigued by a constellation of planets, which occured in May 2000. The episode guest stars Brad Dourif as Dennis Hoffman. Dourif also played Luther Boggs in the X-Files episode "Beyond the sea".

"Pugilistic Attitude" starts with the haunting violine, before it makes a transition into yet another beutiful piano theme by Mark. "All His Children" starts with Mark's wonderful theme for this episode, that can be heard several times during its runtime, before venturing into a percussion driven section. The track ends with the main theme again.

The music is taken from the second volume of music from "MillenniuM", released by La-La Land Records. It is limited to 2.000 copies.

Enjoy!

Alex, All His Children is one of my favorite tracks along with Luminary and Omerta and......  Naturally, all of Mark Snow's music is awesome and he's one of my favorites, but some tracks are special.  I could listen to his music all day, and have.  Thank you so very very much for posting it.  I really enjoyed hearing it again.

• Elders (Moderators)

Thank you, Darlene.

Snow File of the Week: "Love Theme (aka "Rose's Theme")/Memories" from "Conundrum".

While still working on the second season of the X-Files, Mark Snow composed the score for this 1995 tv thriller, starring Marg Helgenberger and Michael Biehn. It's got some of Mark's familiar X-Sounds, combined with haunting female vocals. "Rose's Theme" was already released on the sampler "The Snow Files".

The album was released by Buysoundtrax Records, limited to 1000 copies.

Enjoy!