Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "George is thinking/Life is so strange" from the french movie "Les Herbes Folles (aka "Wild Grass")" (2009).

Two more tracks from this very moving score by Mark. The piano theme is easily one of the most beautiful things Mark has ever written. And in the second track, "Life is so strange", the violin from "MillenniuM" makes another appearance.

The score is available digitally and on a very rare 2-CD-Set, that was only released in France.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "Main Title/Double Wide/Unplugged at Bishop Flats" from the movie "Disturbing Behavior" (1998).

After "Scream" became a worldwide success, countless teenager horror movies entered the theatres. While "Disturbing Behavior" wasn't a slasher movie, it perfectly matches the wave of genre movies at the end of the 90's.

The movie was directed by David Nutter, who also directed the first two episodes of the first season of "MillenniuM". So he was no stranger to the music of Mark Snow. Mark composed a very dark and ambient score for the movie, with some haunting tunes in between.

The score was released on CD with the movie and the album is still around for reasonable prices.

Enjoy!

Since I have this album, yes, "Mark composed a very dark and ambient score for the movie, with some haunting tunes in between."  So very, very, good.  And even though it's dark, it's soothing.  Mark is a genius.

Thanks again Alex.

As we all know, most of Mark's music is instrumental, but he does have a few with vocals.  Besides the angelic voices from Omerta, there's the hypnotic "Scully's Theme," that I also love.  My turn to post.  I scrolled through all of your posts at Vimeo to link the track from you but couldn't find it.  So, I'm posting it from YT.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "The Game Begins" from the tv movie "Night Sins" (1997).

The score to this tv thriller has much in common with Mark's music for "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM". The pieces are glued together by the beautiful main theme, that Mark composed. It has all the ingredients we love about Mark's music.

The score was released on CD by BUYSOUNDTRAX.COM, limited to 1000 copies and is still available, also digitally.

Enjoy!

You know Alex, I honestly don't remember EVER hearing a track of Mark's that I didn't like.  Even his most dramatic and haunting music is beautiful.  Thanks again for another awesome post.

He's "The Music Man."

Image result for mark snow music images

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks, Darlene. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Burn Baby Burn/I'm Ready" from the tv show "Smallville" (2001/2011).

These two tracks show Mark's different abilities of scoring the show. You have beautiful piano work, harsh action music and soft heroic moments.

An album was released digitally, followed by a 2-CD set from La-La Land Records, containing more music than the digital release. The album also contains music by Louis Febre from the later seasons. The 2-CD set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: Suite from "Mulder and Scully meet the Were-Monster", from The X-Files: The Event Series (2016).

This is the third episode of the limited event series. Written and directed by Darin Morgan, the story about a lizard man, that gets bitten by a human, which turns himself into a human, heads back to the more ironic episodes of the show. It is also the episode that has the least music of all the new episodes. There are only about 17 minutes of music, broken down into several short pieces, most of them under a minute long. That's why it was decided to make a suite out of several tracks for the 2 CD release by La-La Land Records.

The 2 CD set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!