Snow Files of the Week

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks, Darlene. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Suite from The X-Files - Christmas Carol" (1998).

For this season 5 episode of The X-Files, Mark composed a very haunting and sometimes eerie score. But I guess that's what it's like celebrating Christmas with Mulder and Scully.

The music was released on a promotional disc first, which also contains music from the episode "Post-Modern Prometheus". Later, some of it was also featured on the first 4-CD-Box-Set from La-La Land Records, which is now sold out. One re-recorded track from "Christmas Carol" also found it's way onto the album MUSIC FROM THE X FILES: 20TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION, that was released by BUYSOUNDTRAX.COM. This CD is limited to 1000 copies and is also available digitally. It contains more music, that was also on the first 4-CD-Set, so if you missed that, maybe this album is something for you.

The suite contains music from the promotional release, as well as music from the first 4-CD-Set. Enjoy!

So beautiful ! !

Alex, every time I see that you've posted a new track, I get excited, like it's a wrapped present. Thank you for always brightening up my day. So often I forget to listen to some music, and you always ruffle my feathers and remind me that my day is missing something. :thanks:

• Elders (Moderators)

Wow, really appreciate your kind words, Darlene. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "The Smell of Zombies/The End of the Crusade" from the X-Files episode "Millennium" (1999).

Chris Carter's second show "MillenniuM" ended before the year 2000 came along. So Carter and his team were looking for a way to bring the story of Frank Black and the MillenniuM Group to a closure. This happened with an X-Files/MillenniuM crossover in the seventh season of "The X-Files".

As disappointing this crossover for many fans was (after three seasons of "MillenniuM" it ends with Mulder and Frank Black shooting zombies in a cellar), as outstanding was Mark's score for the episode. It gave him the opportunity to combine the mourning violin from "MillenniuM" with the soundscapes of "The X-Files". And as Mulder and Scully finally kiss while watching the celebration of the new year 2000 on TV, Mark introduces the traditional "Auld Lang Syne" into his score and a rare statement of the X-Files theme at the end of the scene.

The music was released on the first limited 4-CD-Set of X-Files music from La-La Land Records, which is now sold out.

Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

Snow Files of the Week: "The Game Begins" from the tv movie "Night Sins" (1997).

The score to this tv thriller has much in common with Mark's music for "The X-Files" and "MillenniuM". The pieces are glued together by the beautiful main theme, that Mark composed. It has all the ingredients we love about Mark's music.

The score was released on CD by BUYSOUNDTRAX.COM, limited to 1000 copies and is still available, also digitally. Enjoy!

• Elders (Moderators)

You're welcome, as always. :)

Snow Files of the Week: "Burn Baby Burn/I'm Ready" from the tv show "Smallville" (2001/2011).

These two tracks show Mark's different abilities of scoring the show. You have beautiful piano work, harsh action music and soft heroic moments.

An album was released digitally, followed by a 2-CD set from La-La Land Records, containing more music than the digital release. The album also contains music by Louis Febre from the later seasons. The 2-CD set is limited to 3.000 copies.

Enjoy!

• Like 1