The Innocents- here's my thing

Rate this topic

Guest Sinestro

The women remote viewers, the original was blonde with those ice blue eyes... and her offspring would have to have had the same, if they were clones, all female, all exact.

Of course the Force kids were clones. Though they had male bus driver who was blonde and blue eyed, so there were male clones out there somewhere The character played by Brad Dourif who escaped with the kids, I think he was a natural son or the first clone and adopted out but not knowing, or he'd had a breakdown and had amnesia? I'm not clear on that.

I think the " connection" is that the uber-blonde hair and ice blue eyes is seen as spooky or eerie. The writers or Carter or someone thought it would look cool and probably really stress the identicality of the clones best. The hair was too blond, they eyes a bit too blue, in Force and the coloboma was the real clincher.

IN the innocents, the hair wasn't as blond, and the kids and daughters didn't look as exact as the force ones did. Coudl it have something to do with CHris Carters light hair? LOL!

Or maybe someone had really liked:

children-of-the-corn.jpg

in Innocents, I think ice blue eyes and super blonde hair were intended to convey psychic ability and mystery. Then again, maybe so too in Force, because the kids all seemed to move in unison, as if they were a hive or collective.

At least in the innocents, the children were different shades of blond,

No matter how you look at it, creating clones, especially children, is a frightening thought.

It would be awesome to have a follow-up/spin-off movie on what happened after they left, and naturally the fantastic actor Brad Dourif would have to be in it, and hopefully as the lead character.

Guest Sinestro

Fox COULD do an FX mini series for closire on MM, bit for whatever reason they won't . I don't buy the argument that they'd just lose money doing it. Look at the crap that's on FOX and FX now. Or, they could utilize AMC since their shows are all pretty great. Take an old property and give it new life.

They can bring back that excrement known as 24, but leave MillenniuM to history? There is enough support to make it viable.

*closure

In case you didn't see it, The X-Files had one episode with Frank Black in it, but it bombed. Nobody like the idea of FBI agents becoming vampires. It really was a weird story line. It brought another closer past Frank and Jordan driving off down the road into the sun set or rise. To me, we really did have closer in the series, we just want more. Ouroborous_Large.jpgFrank_Black.jpg

I thought they became zombies!! LOL I liked the end, where they bring Jordan to him, and he walks out with her. It suggested he had put an end to the bad faction of the millennium group, he gets a fresh start, and no we still don't know how things turn out, but at least the lights didn't go off!

What we really want, is for the series to continue. We wanted to go back, to where Frank fights for good, uses his gift, and has peace in his life as well. I would have loved to see him take on a protege' and have a continuation. Maybe he could have become the old man, the advisor at some point, Or maybe he could go back to the FBI and help Hollis, but something other than feeling like he was walking off to oblivion. I wanted Lara to pop back in, recovered and deprogrammed. He and She and Hollis could have started their own consulting firm, etc..

I don't know, I think it was a great series, They lost good folks, Catherine, Roedecker, the Old man, etc... But It could have gone on, for many years, and even now, had they had a broader vision.

What we really want, is for the series to continue. We wanted to go back, to where Frank fights for good, uses his gift, and has peace in his life as well. I would have loved to see him take on a protege' and have a continuation. Maybe he could have become the old man, the advisor at some point, Or maybe he could go back to the FBI and help Hollis, but something other than feeling like he was walking off to oblivion. I wanted Lara to pop back in, recovered and deprogrammed. He and She and Hollis could have started their own consulting firm, etc..

I don't know, I think it was a great series, They lost good folks, Catherine, Roedecker, the Old man, etc... But It could have gone on, for many years, and even now, had they had a broader vision.

BEER----> I agree. I belive FOX couldn't see it going forward. Just look at all the waisted TV programs they have abandoned and there have been some descent ones. **** off FOX, I'll watch other networks.

BELCH

EARTH----> I totally agree. Fox has their head in the sand and haven't a clue what's happening around them. Guess that's why we have a hard time figuring out how they think. Their head is buried.

BEER----> I so enjoy your visits and posts, thank you. BELCH

NUT