Grab your MillenniuM-rarities and show it !

Rate this topic

I have the plastic DVD holder of the Enterprise (on a stand) from the Star Trek 2-Disc Special Edition. I am so proud of it. And, I managed to salvage from the kids toys, Spock. Not much else as far as physical stuff, but lots of King Kings in my bedroom, even on the wall and the chain light switch. I do have the La La Land original Millennium 2-Disc Soundtrack that I am very proud of.

Ok guys, as i posted above, i wanna maka an oil painting. You have to know, that im very impatient, so i started today smile.gif

I'll post my "Work in progress" pictures here and the finished painting in the "Millennium Art" Gallery as well.

First picture was the first sketch with the basic lines. Franks Face and the Orouboros will be above him in red-orange tone. Not sure bout the rest of the background, but im sure that i have an idea when i get there... second and third picture are first oil works, but i had to stop for today because of headaches.

Will continue on it tomorrow.

• Like 3

Thanks Simon. Im always bothered by something when i paint laugh.gif

But i dont wanna spam your thread with my pics, so i made up a new one for the painting.

Check it out:

I hope i see some more buyable stuff in this thread, so i get some inspirations and can expand my collection happy.gif

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wilhelm, maybe what bothers you about the left side of the nose is that it needs to be just a tad lighter then the right because of the shading.

The shadow/shading on the right side of his face makes the the bags under his eyes more apparent, so maybe that's what bothers you there and you are thinking you need to add more bags to the left, but I must say, the difference is almost creepy because of the shading...I love it.

His eyes are literally looking at us, and maybe even through us...OMG.

Just saying what comes to mind when I look at it after reading your concern. We each have our own perspective when it comes to art.

Your work is absolutely fantastic...you are so good. notworthy.gif

Thank you so much. And i think youre right. I really had problems with the shading of the nose. it became much too grey. I did my best to make it "normal". But i had to stop today, because there is a very big layer of colour on the nose section now. But i think its ok now, as you can check in my painting thread.

I really appreciate, that you helped me with my worries happy.gif

I like the eyes very much, too :biggrin:

Dont know where to post it, so i put it in here. laugh.gif

Was a bit bored...

Remembering Peter Watts finding the Morley Cigarette on the Floor?
Seems like the Smoker pulled some strings in the Millennium Area as well...
But wait! They had their own Cigarette Smoking Man. Heres his promotional picture.
Oh wait! Thats me! Unfortunately, i only appeared in a deleted scene ;D

• Like 2