Goodbye to all that

Rate this topic

Spoiler

Having just watched "Goodbye" this evening, after many years, I can see no proof that the body shown is indeed Peter Watts. He told Frank he would get his & Jordan's files to him as a sign, a warning that no one was safe. I believe he was did this through Emma ( notice the look on her face when Frank sees the files in his car ) I also believe that the body was a member of the group who had been sent to kill Peter, but who himself was killed. If the group had been successful, I think they would have killed Watts' family as well.

So If you're asking me, Peter & his family ended up on the run like Frank and Jordan. Not counting the "Millennium" episode of THE X-FILES, which I didn't much care for to be honest, I'd like to see Frank & Peter meet up again....Let's go, FOX....the time is now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Earthnut said:

Totally, 100% agree with you about Peter Watts.

I'm wondering if anyone actually like the MLM/X-Files episode.

Knowing it was Chris Carter's show I tried several times t watch THE X FILES.....but I could never warm up to it. That doesn't mean it was a bad show, it just wasn't for me.

I have not heard or read of anyone liking the crossover episode.

X-Files was a good show and at the time very popular.  At times it got to be "the same old" but that's when they were concentrating on conspiracies and aliens.  The individual stories/episodes were always somewhat of a surprise.  You never knew what an episode was going to be about.  I have to admit though, in my opinion, the last mini-series was a tad boring.

I think the problem with that cross-over was having Frank someplace he may have been after season 2 and before season 3, but not after the way the series ended. With both of them on the run, Frank would never have left Jordan and checked himself into a hospital at that point. It just made no sense.

This disastrous crossover is also why I lost almost all excitement for last year's comic book "revival" once I learned that it was set in the X-Files universe. I mean, I bought all the issues and variants and the trade, because.... well... I'm weak, but I sure didn't enjoy it a whole lot.  

19 hours ago, SmokeyPSD said:

There were a lot of problems for me with the comic but I still enjoyed it such as it was unlike the crossover episode lol. For me it frustrates from both sides as an X Files and Millennium fan.

I agree.  It was nice to read the comic books, but yes, it did leave me with the same frustration.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

It's sad that obviously no real effort went into concluding MillenniuM within The X-Files. Instead of taking the myth arc of the show and doing something with it, they just took Frank Black out of his world and put him into The X-Files. Of course, it IS The X-Files, but even by that standards it was a weak episode. Not only didn't it make sense that Frank would leave Jordan alone to check himself into a mental hospital, also the fact that the group we learned so much about and that was around for almost 2.000 years doing all these things to control the events of the world, suddenly decides to split shortly before the year 2000, was just utter rubbish. And after three seasons of MillenniuM with all those dark, strange and mystical stories, it ends with Frank and Mulder shooting zombies in a cellar. That is very weak. I love The X-Files and it was great to see Frank Black together with Mulder and Scully, but that crossover didn't do a good job for MillenniuM. Imagine someone who never saw the show sees this. I don't think he would be particulary interested in MillenniuM after watching the crossover.

• Like 1