Ebola, what you're not being told

Rate this topic

Earthnut

• Elders (Moderators)

I feel sorry for the family and neighbours of the boy who has been designated as patient zero. In reality, there have been small outbreaks of Ebola in various areas for a long time, so it's unfair to label someone that way.

Of course someone who is possibly infected should be quarantined, but as I think this situation in the West has been badly handled, I'm not sure I could totally blame the nurse for raising questions about her situation. Is she the person who is being held in a make-shift containment area, with no proper shower or toilet facilities? If so, even prisoners are treated better than she is.

There is a lot that could still be learned from the last major pandemic, the 1918 Flu outbreak, but that has rarely got a mention since then. I think that was so bad that everyone wanted to forget about it as soon as it ended. But the authorities back then did eventually figure out proper triage, quarantine, and treatment. I'm not sure if the CDC was in operation back then; if not, surely that pandemic would at least be a case story in their induction process.

I do realise that enforced quarantine is a tricky subject, given more recent focus on civil liberties; but most people do want to feel they are being looked after - whether as a possibly infected person or just a member of the public - but people can only feel they will be looked after properly and safely if they have confidence in the way the authorities are dealing with this threat.

Libby,

I could see how the child's labeling as patient zero could be interpreted as a disrespectful label on him and his family. However, the media should have never used his name. I am not a social sciences researcher but I do believe that the designation is to provide anonymity for the subject and a reference point for the research group. You are correct, as a species, we have been dealing with e-bola since 1978 (I may be incorrect on the date) and the Marburg virus since 1967. Each individual outbreak of a disease usually has a patient zero. I could be mistaken about this, and if I am incorrect I apologize for any error.

As for quarantine conditions I am under the impression the nurse is being restricted to her home with guards outside. There is no reason, except a complete break down of a medical system for any person to be neglected. As I stated in my original post, I ask her to continue to be a selfless hero for a few more days. I would like to believe that I would make the choice to stay in quarantine. However, I have never been in that situation so I cannot honestly say what I would do.

As for the Spanish Flu ( a much more dangerous disease than ebola), I do not believe the CDC was around back then.

They don't mean to insult him or his family. He is the first known person to die from Ebola in this particular outbreak. That leads me to believe, that they are completely wrong about how it is breaking out in the first place. It's not the bush meat, adults would have handled the meat before a 2 year old. A 2 year old is low to the ground, and plays lots,. He might have played with an insect, or a lizard, a worm... or a plant. It might be hiding in the dirt, waiting for animal or human contact.

It's hard to express what I am tyring to say about contact, just that i think, they are looking in the wrong places. Maybe it's in bat guano, but unlikely a child would have contacted it before the adults. He's too young to really wander around alone. What would he have contacted before anyone else?

Anyway, I feel bad for his family too and don't like the insinuation people place on " patient zero" terminology. All that should be focused on is that a little child doesn't get to grow up, and lots of other people have died. Others have survived and are being shunned which is wrong. They should be celebrated for having survived such a deadly virus! THe surviving members of this childs family should be comforted in their grief.

The 1918 flu killed so many! I think it was forgotten because of the great depression and then WWII which killed 50 million plus. However the 1918 flu was so unusual, so deadly to the young and healthy. People died in a day or two, fine one evening dead the next day.

• Like 1

BEER----> The Spanish Flu (not started in Spain) of 1918 killed at least 50 million, some say up to 100, (3 to 5% of the earth's pop) in a 2-3 year perod. It was found on all contiments and just about every corner where mankind lived (The Bubonic Plague was less evasive). It actually affected the healthy more than the less healthy. Let's hope that it never returns.

BELCH

BEER----> The Spanish Flu (not started in Spain) of 1918 killed at least 50 million, some say up to 100, (3 to 5% of the earth's pop) in a 2-3 year perod. It was found on all contiments and just about every corner where mankind lived (The Bubonic Plague was less evasive). It actually affected the healthy more than the less healthy. Let's hope that it never returns.

BELCH

Amen, I agree, never return.

My concern is all the drugs people take, some to counteract the side effects of another drug, and how poorly people eat, plus the garbage that is in the food we buy at the store. And then there's the junk food people devour. Lives are being shortened every day. And cancer, the number one killer in the U S, feeds on sugar. If we want to live, we have to go all natural, the way the world was created to be in the first place. "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth;"

Some of the best information on health and wellness is the 11-part documentary series, "The Truth About Cancer," all of which can be viewed on YouTube. Here's the website link ~

https://www.thetruthaboutcancer.com/fall_quest1.php

28 Doctors, 11 Scientists, 9 Survivors And 1 "FDA Dragon Slaying"

Attorney Break Their 'Code Of Silence' And Expose The
TRUTH About Cancer And Exactly How To Prevent,
Treat And Beat it 100% Naturally

Here's the list of episodes ~

1 ~ Modern Medicine & the Cancer Pandemic

In order to understand the current state of affairs of medical practice in the Western World, it’s

vital to understand exactly how we got here.

In this episode, we’re going to jump into the time capsule and go all the way back over 100

years to the turn of the 20th century and learn how we got ourselves into this mess.

2 ~ Your First Line of Defense

Did you know…that many oncologists believe that cancer cannot exist in a body whose immune

system is functioning properly?

In this episode you’ll learn just how important your immune system is for fighting, destroying,

and of course preventing the development of cancer and many other diseases.

3 ~ Eliminate these 'Dirty Dozen' to prevent Cancer

In this episode you’ll learn what foods, chemicals, elements, vaccines, and heavy metals are

detrimental to your body. You’ll also learn how to identify and remove them from your life.

4 ~ Your Secret Fountain of Youth

We live in a much more toxic world than we did 100 years ago. There are estimated to be

approximately 100,000 chemicals now in commerce and only 3,500 of which have been safely

tested.

Throughout our daily life we are in constant contact with environmental toxins. Detoxification is

your key to the fountain of youth.

You will learn the best detox methods and why safely detoxifying your body is so crucial to

keeping you cancer free, but you’ll also learn specific step-by-step instructions on how to detox

properly and specifically for cancer treatment.

5 ~ Natures Pharmacy

In this episode, you’ll learn about how natural food really can be your medicine. For thousands

of years, humans have used the plant life around them to help cure their ailments. If you walk

into the woods, you will be hard pressed to find anything that’s not medicine.

6 ~ Clean Foods & the Cancer Free Diet

We all know that “You are what you eat” and in this episode we’re going to show you exactly

how to eat in a way that will destroy cancer cells and of course what to eat to keep you cancer-free using food, nutrition and supplementation.

7 ~ Diagnostic Do's & Don'ts Proven Treatment Protocols Part 1

What if the popular diagnostic tests for cancer, such as mammograms and the PSA test, were

ineffective (at best) and actually caused cancer (at worst)? If that question caught your

attention, you will definitely want to tune in to episode 7 as we learn that mammograms may not offer the life-saving benefits many women may hope for.

8 ~ Proven Treatment Protocols Part 2

In this episode, we will continue our journey to learn about proven cancer treatment protocols.

We’ll learn from trailblazing physicians like Dr. Nick Gonzalez, Dr. Francisco Contreras, and Dr.

Leigh Erin Connealy. We will also learn the story of suppression of a totally non-toxic cancer

treatment from documentary filmmaker and historian, G. Edward Griffin.

9 ~ Proven Treatment Protocols Part 3

In this episode, we will continue our journey to learn about proven cancer treatment protocols.

We’ll learn from Dr. Sunil Pai, Dr. James Forsythe, Dr. Bradford Weeks, R. Webster Kehr,

Ian Jacklin, Dr. Ben Johnson, Dr. Daniel Nuzum, and Bob Wright.

10 ~ Doctor's Orders

Ever wonder what your doctor would do if he/she were diagnosed with breast cancer or colon

cancer? Well in this episode, the doctors share exactly what they would do if diagnosed with

different kinds of cancer.

11 ~ How to Survive and Thrive

Learn first-hand from survivors, ordinary people just like you, that beat the odds. In this episode,

you’ll hear from others who’ve fought and won the battle – and exactly how they did it. This is

going to be a powerful, inspirational, and extremely educational show that you won’t want to miss.

This series could save your life or someone you love.

Individual genetic differences may affect Ebola survival: study

By Julie Steenhuysen
CHICAGO (Reuters) - Scientists have been puzzling for years over why some people survive Ebola while many others perish. A new study provides strong evidence that individual genetic differences play a major role in whether people die from the disease........

For the rest of the article, here's the link ~

https://news.yahoo.com/individual-genetic-differences-may-affect-ebola-survival-study-190039303.html

As of today ~

U.S. Ebola researchers plead for access to virus samples

A Spanish nurse who was the first person to catch Ebola outside of Africa fought back tears as she left hospital on Wednesday after being cured of the deadly virus.

• Elders (Moderators)

One of the depressing things about some UK news reports is the number of people here who are panicking about anyone who's just flown in from somewhere in Africa.

Africa is a huge continent. Ebola is confined to only a few areas. Yet it seems that many people don't have the slightest idea of the extent of the continent. Britain did colonise a lot of Africa, but because that was a shameful part of our history it's been mostly ignored in our schools and in our news broadcasts. Here's a comparison of the continent of Africa with other countries:

post-118-0-72598800-1415217519_thumb.gif

• Like 1