Michigan funeral home offers drive-thru viewing

Just when you thought you had seen and heard it all, this takes the cake. To me this is an insult and showing disrespect to the recently departed.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

Oh, that is so wrong. Apparently, that has been done because a widow couldn't get into the funeral home for her late husband's funeral. Well, the solution isn't to have a drive-thru window, it should be to look at the reasons why that funeral home couldn't accommodate the widow. There should, at least, be wheelchair access, if the issue was mobility. Or some flexibility/privacy inside the building, if the issue was distress.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

More proof that the average person is all about self, impatient, and lacking respect towards others. I see it more and more as I go out in public, and most of the time I would really rather stay home.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)