Is Something Following Black?

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

Upon rewatching Millennium Season 1 on DVD, something occured to me that was rather odd. I get the feeling that The Judge and Alister Pepper were somehow connected.

Stupid, yes - but give me a second.

My interpretation is that The Judge was, if not an emissary of evil from Greater Powers, than was at least aware of them or even listened to them. What made me think this was his confrontation with Black in the interrigation room and his "offer".

Later, when we meet Alister Pepper - he makes a similar offer, once again in an interrigation room. Frank also remarks in the episode that he feels like he's met Alister earlier.

The "wink wink, nudge nudge" feelings of both episodes made me wonder if something wasn't pursuing Black - not in the sense of The Devil but something grander, for lack of a better word. Frank Black - to me at least - is one of the 3 great heros Ive seen in the media of television and film (Frank is a metaphysical hero, while The Prisoner's Number Six is Sociological and The Matrix's Neo is the Philosophical)

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Yeah, there seemed to be a direct implication that when "the Judge" died, the demon inhabiting him left and took over the body of Pepper... so that they are, essentially, the same being... and the offer being made to Frank in both instances was, in fact, the exact same offer from the same potential employer.

Yeah... As the Evil who change shape to obtain what he wants from some people (for exeample : their soul!!!); like in Poe's tales, or in Goethe's "Faust", in Adelbert von Chamisso's " The Strange Story of Peter Schlemil" or many and many other texts or even testimonies...

Guest Mikal C Johnson  KtCym ECA

Hey, Truth... you're really out there... somewhere...

like, "The truth is out there," you know.

Edited by Mikal C Johnson KtCym ECA

Guest LucyButler2000
LOL!

I just wanted to add that I agree with the whole "Judge/Pepper" connection.  That's what it looked like to me, too.

Yep, I was gonna say the same thing. Someone else posted in another thread how there are multiple demons that Frank encounters. The Judge, Pepper, and of course Lucy Butler.

Guest Windom Earle

The one demon theory makes sense to me too! I never thought about any connection until I watched the S1 DVD set and I've watched the entire show on tape for years. If it's just the one demon, then there's a certain logic to consistently make an offer to Frank: if you can ensnare someone with the gift that he has, the effect would likely be more satisfactory than defeating an ordinary person. Then again, I have no idea what I'm saying: it's far too late for me to be thinking demon logic! :devil01: