Bridges

Very bizarre design.

No one will catch me on this bridge either ~ 

6a00df351e888f8834014e5fe62bad970c-800wi

Nope, not real, but it would be terrifying ~

"Artist and programmer Clement Valla...has collected dozens of images of warped bridges spotted from California to the Catskills.

"Valla's unusual collection puts an alien twist on familiar sights. 'I travel through Google Earth looking for strange mappings of the two dimensional onto the three dimensional that provide fabulous and unintentional distortions. These images are like funhouse mirrors—strange illusions and reflections of the real,' Valla said."

Now this is a real one ~

Unusual Bridges (5)

Unusual Bridges (6)

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

I do like wildlife bridges and tunnels. It's good that these days we're not just bulldozing our way through nature.

That's reminded me of another road bridge - not a spectacular one, but one that had be carefully constructed because it was in an area of outstanding natural beauty. I've looked in my files here but can't find it. I'm pretty sure it's in the USA, alongside a quite steep cliffside. It was built in a similar style to the Millau bridge, as in seethru's picture of the tallest bridge. Rather than carving a road, they built some columns, and then worked from the top of the columns by constructing the cantilevered road deck and advancing along that to the next column, etc. It's annoying me that I can't remember where that road bridge is - it's an amazing example of how engineering can respect nature.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

I love that twisty pedestrian bridge, Earthnut. I reckon it's probably fun to walk over a river that way. Do you know where it is?

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Is this it?

Sea Cliff Bridge Wollongong Australia

792428215_acBsU-M.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I think that's it, Earthnut. :clapping: Thank you for finding that.

Had a gut feeling when I saw it that I had found it.  The first image looks like it's collapsing at the base.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...