New Millennium Comic

Rate this topic

Rhysan

I had gotten volume 1, but have decided not to get the others. I love them, but the entertainment is too short for the price paid! LOL SEriously, netflix is considering continuing the X files... I wonder if we can petition them to take on Millennium?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I loved the artwork and it was very loyal to the series but it just wasn't long enough to explore much. Felt like like it barely got started. Maybe it was testing the waters for interest. I hope more is incoming from IDW, maybe take a virtual season approach. Can't be too choosey though, it was wonderful to have Millennium again even in comic shortform.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the first one in the comic series.  I stopped at that.  I just can't follow  comics like I can the written word or a tv episode...

You know, I saw a comment while searching for the end of this thread.. In Season 1 Frank was not psychic.  But,  "midnight of the century" shows us he is, or that he sees things, not like his mother but he sees things. His daughter sees like his mother, like Lara Means.  So they have something  beyond the 5 senses, Frank  does too.  He might not be "psychic"  in teh sense we know of, but he has visions, he sees demons, and  and can see fetches.  He has some supernatural sight of some kind.

I managed to finish the series with the last issue as an iPad download. I thought it was interestingly put together but could have been a little longer than 4-5 issues. The return of Butler was a nice touch and bringing the Group back on the good side with Frankie was a long time coming. I liked it when he was with the Group, not outside of it. As for him being psychic, it's a given that he is, including his daughter. I think it's a generational thing in his family that's carried on over the centuries, perhaps early on with the Millennium Group knew of his ancestors. 

I do agree with the sentiment that IDW is feeling this out and should continue his story. They should make him the new Old Man of the group versus the other splinter faction to square things up. Perhaps Mabius should be the next focus of the story, now that Lucy's been dealt with. 

This is who we are!

The only thing that I don't get is the rapist guy who falls down of the window, it seems that Jordan is the one who pushes him... And I don't like that. At first I didn't like the idea of her being in the group, but this seems a benevolent group anyway. It's a shame that the comics won't continue, because there are things which need to be explained. I hope the new season of X-Files gives some burst to Frank's story.

Greetings from Spain!