New Millennium Comic

Rate this topic

Rhysan

That's the only thing that worries me. I know Season 2 basically said that Jordan's abilities were a bit supernatural but I always thought Franks were just good detective work, kinda like Sherlock. It's a visual representation of his brain putting the clues together.

No no no, that cant be. Hes not like Sherlock, hes gifted, as he always says. I dont think there is any room for a discussion here. It definitely is not just good detective work, but a power. He has visions. Just remember the very first episode when hes in the morgue and tells them all about the victim in the body bag. He cant do that, because hes some kind of Holmes, but because he has a supernatural power. Basta! rock.gif

• Like 1

I was thinking that whilst watching Season 2. Morgan & Wong seemed to take it in that direction. My view was mostly created from Behind the Scenes interviews with Chris Carter who said the opposite and said that the flashes were just visual representations of his mind at work. I'm happy to go with the gifted explanation as I was most fond of Season 2 and Morgan & Wongs direction. If that's the canon explanation then I'm happy, I just didn't want the comics going against Chris Carters intentions.

I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys and gals as I only just watched Millennium through about 18 months ago and finished my second more thoughtful viewing last month. So yeah, bit of Millennium noob to be honest but I'm getting there.

I think the beauty of the show is its ambiguity- are Franks' visions supernatural or just the visualisation of his thought process? Was it a real demon in Gehenna, or just what the kid saw because he was out of his head on LSD? Was Sammael a real angel in "Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions" or was that just Franks' internal frame of reference- reeling from a personal tragedy, considering Lucy Butler as the sum of all evil, and Al Pepper just another facet of that evil? That's great writing, and i love how we can still talk about it years afterwards, and even better, welcome new members to the group who are discovering it all for the first time. I hope the comic series can maintain that ambiguity, as I think that's what marks MILLENNIUM out from so many other shows.

• Like 2

I think the beauty of the show is its ambiguity- are Franks' visions supernatural or just the visualisation of his thought process? Was it a real demon in Gehenna, or just what the kid saw because he was out of his head on LSD? Was Sammael a real angel in "Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions" or was that just Franks' internal frame of reference- reeling from a personal tragedy, considering Lucy Butler as the sum of all evil, and Al Pepper just another facet of that evil? That's great writing, and i love how we can still talk about it years afterwards, and even better, welcome new members to the group who are discovering it all for the first time. I hope the comic series can maintain that ambiguity, as I think that's what marks MILLENNIUM out from so many other shows.

The series just has too much potential to fall into oblivion. Love it !

Awesome post! I'm still at the point in my Millennium fandom where I'm deciphering each episode and the overall mythology. Just got my copy of Back to Frank Black a few days ago. Gonna read that and then do another fresh watch of the series before the comics come out. Hopefully I'll make my mind up over the whole gifted Frank issue this time. First viewing I thought Psychic. Second viewing Chris Carter said not psychic. I'm so confused Oo.gif