New Millennium Comic

Rate this topic

Rhysan

MILLENNIUM #1 SUBSCRIPTION VAR 9.4+ NM+ 1/21/15+ IDW

I mean var not sub. I don't know what the number 9.4 means or the nm means.

tumblr_m23uz88NGt1qc15cuo1_r3_250.gif

Me neither but...

as far as I know, there are three different cover but the content remains the same.

Value depends on the edition and the coming years...

Millennium-issue-11.jpg

I think the one in the middle is the rarest edition of all, can´t find this edition to buy anywhere by now.

i preordered the other two editions and they will arrive finally tomorrow ! Yeeshh!happy.gif

Hi all,

To explain the covers first of all, variant covers are used in the comics industry as an incentive for the retailers to order in a certain number of copies, i.e. for every 10 copies you get variant a, but every 25 you get variant b, and so on. Marvel have done a massive variant cover strategy with their new STAR WARS title recently. The main problem comic book retailers have is that when they advance order in numbers of a certain title, they pay for it up front and have to sell what they have bought to make their money back. So in many cases shops will only order in what they know they will sell. For the speculator market, they will buy up variant covers on the gamble that they will somehow become rare and in demand and they can make a profit on the secondary market, such as ebay. In the 1990's this kind of speculator market contributed to a boom and bust situation for the industry, but that's a different story.

For MM, there are the two artwork covers and 1 photo cover (listed as a subscription cover) - this is common with IDW's licensed titles like STAR TREK etc. There is zero difference in the pages inbetween the covers- the story is exactly the same.

The 9.4+ NM means the comic is Near Mint in terms of it's condition and that it has been rated 9.4 out of 10 (10 being mint, untouched by human hands etc). Traditionally licensed titles don't have much resale value unless the artist or writer working on them becomes extremely popular (ie Charlie Adlard, a British artist who illustrated the early X-FILES comics from Topps in the 90's went on to work on Walking Dead).

At this point I hope group members who may not be comic book readers will make the trip to the local comic store (find yours here: https://www.comicshoplocator.com/storelocator)and ask for it- otherwise there are plenty of ebay re-sellers, or you can order direct from the publisher at https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/millennium-1/.

Also I'd ask for members to tweet @joeharris @IDWPublishing if you have read and enjoyed the comic. It may veer Millennium off in a direction we might not have expected, and it can't make up for the last decade and half of Millennium being absent from our TV screens, but if IDW can see there is an audience voting with their wallets and supporting them online, then we might get more Frank Black, and that's only a good thing.

In the meantime you can also buy/read Joe Harris' script for Millennium #1 and the X Files at his Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JoeHarrisComics

cheers

• Like 4

I got my copy. I had thought it pristine, left good feedback and THEN noticed the bottom corner was pretty bent/kinked. THat and really slow shipping have resulted in my looking for the next episode elsewhere. I think I'll get if from IDW. I couldn't figure out how before, but I finally got an account opened etc...

I've read the comic, but will re-read it. My eyesight and my not being used to follow the dialogue bubbles left me a bit confused. All in all it's okay. I read fast so it's so short a sweet time.

I may come off as a bit condescending saying this, which I truly don't mean to be, but reading a comic is very different from reading a book. I remember reading the same complaints when IDW started their X-Files series and when Buffy transitioned into comics. You really have to observe the panels along with the dialogue. Make sure you absorb what's going on in the art because that often tells a lot of the story.

Also another point is that stories are told MUCH slower in comic books due to the 22 page limit per month. So basically a 5 issue arc is the same story content as a single 40 minute episode.

Again, sorry if I seem condescending.

• Like 2

Also I'd ask for members to tweet @joeharris @IDWPublishing if you have read and enjoyed the comic. It may veer Millennium off in a direction we might not have expected, and it can't make up for the last decade and half of Millennium being absent from our TV screens, but if IDW can see there is an audience voting with their wallets and supporting them online, then we might get more Frank Black, and that's only a good thing.

In the meantime you can also buy/read Joe Harris' script for Millennium #1 and the X Files at his Etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JoeHarrisComics

cheers

thanks for the information !

In my childhood i read a lot of comics but about selling and marketing i never knew those background stuff - interessting, thanksthumbsup.gif

Yeah you´re right William, i think you will be notified soon!

We discuss in detail when you have your copy.

So, my first impression- Wow i like it ! I can not wait to see this story cinematic, let´s hope it happens!

I´m looking forward to #2 "Secrets and Keepers" happy.gif