New Millennium Comic

Rate this topic

Rhysan

I would point out that in the original script, and in the comic as I read it, there is not any connection inferred to 9/11. The date is given as Dec 24th 1999, so I don't believe, at this point anyway, there is any deliberate attempt to link it to that.

I would point out that in the original script, and in the comic as I read it, there is not any connection inferred to 9/11. The date is given as Dec 24th 1999, so I don't believe, at this point anyway, there is any deliberate attempt to link it to that.

I doubt the script would have any spoilers for future plots as Harris always releases his script to buy at the time of each issues release. I think the fact that the World Trade Centers are even there is a hint of a connection between the group and 9/11, directly or indirectly.

it does make sense and would fit well to the group but to use real events in particular this attempt on life -

I do not know if it is the right way, because of the relatives of the deceased. Would you want to read fictitious genesis history

of 9/11? your story in a comic? Do not get me wrong- the idea would be brilliant but also has its dark side.

Latest post from Joe Harris:

Millennium #5 (of 5)
Joe Harris (w) • Colin Lorimer (a) • menton3 ©
The Millennium Group has returned to plague Frank Black, and a recent revelation threatens to break his will for good!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Millennium #5 (of 5)—Subscription Variant
Joe Harris (w) • Colin Lorimer (a) • photo ©
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
• Final issue!
• Spinning out of the pages of The X-Files: Season 10!
• Guest-starring Agent Fox Mulder!
• Executive-produced by Millennium creator Chris Carter!

10985351_10152301837488039_5906399646372

11001580_10152301840223039_4162298578441

• 3 weeks later...
Guest endoftheworld

Millennium Comic #1 - a critique

Having received the comic I felt it appropriate to critique it, and unfortunately, its not good news.

1- Having Fox Mulder as an intro character and bridge to the Xfiles is fine, but unfortunately totally unnecessary. If would have been fine to have Fox sit there and make an intro but otherwise his appearance does little to advance the story.

2- Assume for a moment that you have no idea who Frank Black is, after all this is a new intro to his story to an audience that has little if any idea what he's about. But instead of getting into Frank's thinking process, we find him clipping together newspapers in a sloppy manner on a floor of a hotel room. Um, hello, Frank was never sloppy, he was meticulous in his approach to his work ethic. To think he doesn't have a computer is ridiculous and the fact is that he could have done this at a public library, anonymously, and it would have fit much better.

3- The writer makes the assumption that Frank is alienated from Jordan. Sorry guys, but that bit of nonsense came from Millennium Apocalypse, a poorly written and produced web series that had even worse acting than the script. Its like writing about the bible and bringing in the Aquarian Gospel to prove a point. If it didn't happen in the show, its not legit.

4- We never get inside Frank's head. Heck, he practically has no dialogue at all and the set up could have been Columbo or any number of other television detectives and it would not have made any difference.

Writing overall - Using alphabet rating - C minus

The Art -

1- The covers are fine, with nice detail and a good feel suggesting the overall tone that the inside should have had, the moodiness and shadowing that the show perfectly conveyed.

2-The inside. Talk about amateur. The crappy use of computer coloring and the poor execution, especially the final 5 pages, is simply poor and seemed rushed.

Art overall - C minus

Conclusion-

I suppose any Millennium Comic is better than none, but not much. Where are the remnants of the Millennium group? Where is the old man in the cabin who uses the true cross as a bookend? Where is the real Frank Black? Sorry to say this folks, but if this is the best that they can do, and frankly any number of people on this site could write a better story, then its initial run of 6 issues will be as far as it goes, which would be a shame.

Let's hope issue two is a vast improvement. Given the state of the world, with all the evil that surrounds our lives, this was a waste of time and an affront to the memory of a great television show, with superb writing and wonderful actors.

Overall grade - C minus and Im being generous.

This is who we are.