New Millennium Comic

Rate this topic

Rhysan

Hope you've all (or are going to) enjoyed Issue #1. I'm going to give it a few more read through's and share my thoughts over the weekend. And for those interested here's the covers for Issues 3&4.

10422218_10152159216898039_6355439548479

10850057_10152172068323039_1009038588899

10917292_10152256667803039_7307062134438

10922702_10152256667828039_3128950492192

great covers

Finally got round to re-reading the issue. Really enjoyed it. Just disappointed I can't find the Retail Incentive cover anywhere. Bought the other two though thumbsup.gif

So just a few of my thoughts after reading the first issue. Obviously spoilers wink.gif

So first we have the short teaser set in 1999 taking place about a week before the events of the X-Files episode "Millennium". Two group members talk about ominous events happening come the Millennium then stare out at the World Trade Center. This straight away makes my mind race. Is Harris approaching this similar to how he approached the X Files colonization plot line by hinting that it DID indeed happen but it was subtle and behind the scenes instead of an invasion. Could the same be happening with Millennium. It works out. The world did kind of implode after 9/11 with War and constant terrorism. Perhaps the under the influence of the Millennium Groups? Guess we'll have to wait for more to find out. But at the very least we now know the groups plan did not end at raising 4 guys from the dead

Oo.gif

Next we see Monte Propps, a character mentioned in the X Files pilot, the occult serial killer that put Mulder on the map. Very cool way of tying Frank and Mulder together. So much better than the X Files episode in fact.

It also seems that Franks "gift" has changed slightly for comics. Or perhaps it's just become stronger and more focused over the years? But it seems "something" is communicating with him. Legion maybe?

I really liked Frank not trusting computers after everything he went through with both the Group and the FBI.

We see a quick glimpse at Jordan in Franks vision too which is surprising. Is she in danger or is Legion (I assume) just baiting Frank?

A lot of the dialogue is exposition which is to be expected from a franchise that's been in hibernation since 1999. Harris has the difficult task of continuing where fans where left at the end of season 3 whilst also, hopefully, introducing new fans to the mythology of Millennium. It makes sense to do this via Mulder for the first 5 issues.

We then see what I am again going to assume is Legion meeting Monte Propps and drowning him, or driving him to drown himself. This was a surprise as I figures Propps would be a threat throughout the 5 issue series but it was a great twist to see.

All in all Harris has crafted an excellent first issue for Millennium. Can't wait for Issue 2!

I ordered thru Amazon.com , one of their contracted sellers . Its more expesive that way , but if there is a problem I can work with Amazon to settle it.

I would have probably ordered thru Amazon too if I had not seen it there on archonia and if there is a problem-

i am protected by paypal happy.gif

Picked mine up last Wednesday.

For those of you who are interested, the tentative IDW schedule seems to be Millennium 2nd to last week and X files on the last week of each month. However, comic release dates change frequently if the art and or writing teams are working on multiple books.

I will check with my local comics stores (there are 4 in town) and see what covers are still for sale. Let me know if you are interested and I will see what I can do to put you in contact with stores in my area who have copies left.

My comic is on it's way.

Season one portrayed Frank as having keen insight into the minds of criminals, but you had Lucy Butler as part of Legion. Season 2 started getting into the more supernatural with him seeing demons, Lara seeing angels, Even Jordan seeing angels ( end of season one and into season 2). Frank saw ghosts and Angels and demons, and Both Frank and Jordan saw fetches. Then season three had Jordan and Frank seeing demons, but, kind of got back into profiling and his struggle to be believed and Catherine's death etc...

It was a mix. Frank said he wasn't psychic, but then he tells Lara in Season 2 that his abilities were stronger and on a whole new "plane" since the millennium group took him in.

So he goes from not being psychic, to seeing demons for what the are, to talking to ghosts, His Mother saw Angels.

I thnk the show, like the X Files, danced back and forth across the supernatural line. I'm not complaining though, I like that!biggrin.gif