Citizen Pulls Over Cop, Demands ID & It’s Amazing

Citizen Pulls Over Cop, Demands ID & It’s Amazing

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while this seems funny, in Illinois so many citizens were being mugged and women raped by ' fake ' uniform and undercover cops that they passed a law only cops can legally carry badges. When I was a meat inspector , because I enforced state and federal laws I had a state and federal badge and I had to surrender them as did firefighters , EMTs and Paramedics . It changed the respect I got , no longer having a badge , not to mention a harder time getting into secured areas.

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

while this seems funny, in Illinois so many citizens were being mugged and women raped by ' fake ' uniform and undercover cops that they passed a law only cops can legally carry badges. When I was a meat inspector , because I enforced state and federal laws I had a state and federal badge and I had to surrender them as did firefighters , EMTs and Paramedics . It changed the respect I got , no longer having a badge , not to mention a harder time getting into secured areas.

An officer being put into custody seems to be happening more these days, or should I say, they are finally getting caught. Women have to speak out, no matter how humiliating it is. I speak from experience, I too have been raped, at gunpoint, and wish I knew who he was to have him prosecuted. I am sure though that he will reap what he has sown.

Taking the badges away from people carrying them legally isn't going to stop someone from illegally carrying one to do what they intend to do. It just isn't going to solve the problem. Checking credentials should be the first step, no matter how long it takes.

While in the correctional dept. in Tucson, AZ, I was not allow to display my badge if I was off duty, unless there was an emergency, then I could.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

You were a meat inspector, Randee? And your job took you into correctional facilities, Darlene? Wow, no wonder you are both strong-minded women. I'm not sure I could have done either of those jobs.

The taking away of the badges from all but police officers was entirely the wrong way to deal with the violence. Firstly, some police officers are corrupt, and violent, so that wouldn't have solved the problem. Secondly, people should have been encouraged to challenge those who say they're police officers. Yes, I know there would troublemakers who would hassle genuine badge-holders, and that is potentially dangerous when guns are involved. When I watch UK cop documentaries, I am amazed at the patience of real police officers who have to deal with obnoxious people. But taking badges away from people who are doing an official job because of the activities of criminals seems the wrong way to go about it.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

I was actually an officer for the state of Arizona while I was living there. It wasn't an enjoyable job in any way, and I was glad when I left. I had requested the youth or women's units and they patronized me by putting me in the high security men's unit. They wanted the inmates to just see a uniform and not a female. Sorry, but we women don't fill a uniform the same as men do. One time there two inmates that wouldn't leave their cell (they called them their house) and the facility suited up five women to intimidate them in to coming out. They did leave without incident.

While in the state academy, which was an experience I will always appreciate, we did visit different units, and after that is when I decided I wanted the youth or women's. No officer wants the youth, and those that do request it, don't get positioned there. Makes no sense.

Each member of the five that are suited up have a particular responsibility, depending upon whether you are the first one in or the last. I was thankful that day I was last, because I didn't have a clue what was going down while other inmates were close to rioting over it who had left their cell. Even though they all had been moved to a more secure area, they could still see what was going down.

It takes a certain type of person to do that kind of job, and I am not one of them. I thought I could help the women or youth, maybe make a difference in at least one of their lives, but didn't get a chance. Putting me in the high security men's unit was a nightmare, and why I didn't stay in the department. You have no idea the things I saw and heard and had to be a part of. This may seem hard to believe, but I really do have a higher respect for people in custody then I do most officers. Yes, there are many, I repeat, many very bad people that do need to be incarcerated, but most inmates are good people and meant well, and became a victim of circumstance. You wouldn't believe the stories I heard. Most of the time women are in there because of a man, and the youth, well, it ranges from abusive parents to peers, etc.

Anyone have a question, feel free to ask.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines