The German Wait Continues...

Rate this topic

SadEyes

• Elders (Moderators)

Sad News for all german MM-Fans: According to an article on x-filesmania.de, FOX Germany has moved the release date for MillenniuM- Season 1 from the 4th of November 2004 to February 2005. Also a complete box-set with all three seasons will definately not be released in Germany. I think FOX makes big mistakes again, releasing the first box 2005, now that german cable company Kabel 1 has got MillenniuM back on air after it wasn´t for a long time in Germany and, surprise surprise, the show has good ratings although airing at about eleven o´clock at night. How stupid can FOX be ? :eyes:

Guest Krabat

Seeing that both seasons that were rated "18" in UK, that's 1 and 3, were removed from amazon.de (season 1 some time ago and 3 just recently) I guess Fox got an "18" rating in Germany, too. And seeing how restrictive the law here is this would mean some major retail cuts. So maybe they will release a cut version or something like that.

Edited by Krabat

• Elders (Moderators)

That´s right, Amazon.de removed ALL foreign "18" dvd´s due to the german law that no title rated "18" is allowed to be selled over a trader by mail. Because there is no guarantee that a person under 18 would not order it. Yes, Germany has many silly laws concering movies and dvd´s. But I think that is not the problem, Millennium episodes were released on VHS rated 15, at least the Pilot and Gehenna.The article stated that actually FOX Germany has problems with FOX in the States, which also has impact on other FOX Shows like Angel, Buffy and the X-Files. They announced a new X-Files-Box-Set called "The Truth", but due to the problems with US FOX it can take very long before a release. I wonder why they have given out the 4th of November release date, I mean don´t they make sure that everything is all right before posting a release date ?

Guest Krabat

I guess it's just like with any other major release in movies, games, etc: Don't care about the "How?", just give them a date to create anticipation. Plus you might even be able to create a bigger buzz by pushing it back. Well, until you overdo it and people start getting anoyed. ;-)