WilliamSchindler

The Walking Dead - BEWARE - SPOILERS! - not MM, but a very good series,too :) (Spoiler function won't be used any more, so read at your peril!)

I thought with Simon, Darlene and myself loving the show, i should dedicate it it's own thread.

So here it is!

Thats what started it in the "Happy Halloween" Topic:

WilliamSchindler said:

This was my Halloween:
- The Curse of Frank Black

- Pumpkinhead (The german rental titel was "The Halloween Monster")

- Little Shop Of Horrors

- Walking Dead (first episode with my girlfriend...Today we are at Season 2 episode 6 laugh.gif )

I hope you all had a nice and spooky Halloweens eve.

Simon Black said:
Hey William, i've just started with season 4 of the Walking Dead and i'm still excited- the tension and atmosphere in the series is just awesome ! sweat.gif
Especially at the end of season 3...
but I do not want to reveal too muchwink.gif

WilliamSchindler said:

Yes its great. I have watched until season 4 episode 14 ao far, but now i watch it again with my girl laugh.gif

For TV, its pretty heavy stuff, keeping in mind, that for example "Dawn of the dead" is still banned here...

But it really is a great show. Always expect the unexpected. And sooo sad sometimes (talking about mid of fourth season).

Simon Black said:

Oh really? Then you're already further Oo.gif with the walking dead series !happy.gif I'll see one or two more episodes today!
about dawn...yes some movies are still censored, banned in germany but in the late 90´s and early 2000´s there were a lot of dvd releases by Laser Paradise,i got by copy of dawn that time...and for me it´s the best version.
picture_12.php?id_of_gebot=442684&size=s
the long ultimate cut (i have also) has some nice scenes although but is too long in my opinion. wink.gif

WilliamSchindler said:

Yes the Ultimate cut is very long with its 158 Min. I have a special dubbed version, thats better then the astro version on DVD. I also have a german Blu Ray with the 127 Min. Romero Cut Version of it. Its movie history! I mean its prequel, "Night of the living dead" started the hole Zombie genre as we know it today.

Did you know that Morgan Jones sons name Duane Jones from Season 1 is also the name of the Afro-American lead actor from "Night of the living dead"? cool.gif

Earthnut said:

OMG, I so love The Walking Dead, so excited for us to have a thread and talk about the new season, so hurry guys and catch up. They just aired episode 3 of season 5 Sunday night, so you are close.

I have the comic books on a disc along with the CBR (Comic Book Reader) program to read them. I will see if I can upload them. It might be too big.

From CNET is where I downloaded my reader. There are other sites and readers, but this one works great ~
I will post it all again in The Walking Dead forum.

So share your thoughts here!

Please dont spoiler!

I've watched till 4x14 and started again together with my girl and our next episode will be 2x11

I think Simon is somewhere at the beginning of season 4.

It really is a great show, that is sometimes so over the top when it comes to violence, but thats fine with me laugh.gif

What really sometimes leaves me breathless are the character developments and the decisions they have to make.

I caught myself saying "Oh wow" and was surprised about myself saying that. skull.gif Thats something that happens very, very rarely and that makes this show a great one.

I love it! happy.gif

So share your thoughts here!

Please dont spoiler!

I've watched till 4x14 and started again together with my girl and our next episode will be 2x11

I think Simon is somewhere at the beginning of season 4.

It really is a great show, that is sometimes so over the top when it comes to violence, but thats fine with me laugh.gif

What really sometimes leaves me breathless are the character developments and the decisions they have to make.

I caught myself saying "Oh wow" and was surprised about myself saying that. skull.gif Thats something that happens very, very rarely and that makes this show a great one.

I love it! happy.gif

Yeah that´s so true William !

I'm now at episode 5...it 's not just about silly slaughter ... that makes the series special.

It's for survival and how people stick together in an apocalypse like this.

Okay, I will begin since none of us have seen the next episode.

#1 ~ Who do you think is about to come out of the trees at the end of the last episode with Daryl? I think it will be Beth. The show has a way of teasing us and making us wait past an episode or two before we find out. I think Beth saw either Daryl and/or Carol when she smiled as they put her back in custody. Yes she smiled because the other guy (can't remember his name) got away, but I'm betting she saw Daryl or Carol because of the look on her face. They did follow the car and betting they saw her outside the building.

#2 ~ Rick kept insisting that the group all stay together, yet they split up. Why do you thing Glenn and Maggie left Rick and the others to go with the new group? I think it just to be together in a safe place and maybe have a baby. Why else would they leave?

LOL! Thats so cool Simon laugh.gif

Would be simply awesome to see him in the show, but would also be pretty sad, because im sure that he would die a gruesome death...

What kinda role do you see him in? Maybe someone like Hershel, or a crazy guy, a vet, a general in a top protected house?

Maybe only a one episode wise guy like Jenner? cool.gif

crazy guy, a vet, a general in a top protected house - Very Cool !

What about...

He leads a group whose members are all from the series MillenniuM like Peter Watts, Lara Means, Catherine, Jordan etc. - would be a nice homage. What do you think?

...of course, they play a different role, only the names of the series will be used.

Rick meets up with Frank ( by investigations ) and the others. They helping each other -perhaps against a huge horde of zombies.

After that quick meet up, the groups go further- each on their own. (again)

Perhaps they see themselves again...

That would be epic! But then it should only be a short scene where the two groups meet each other, like at an errands trip.

The leaders stare at each other and notice that they shouldnt mess around with each other. Two equal alpha men cool.gif

Then they introduce each other: "These are my people, Peter, Lara, Jordan, Cathrine and Lucy. She can talk to the walkers."

Rick: "What?" Frank: "We dont understand it either. Good luck to you, theres enough stuff for both of us."

Then they split. Rick: "Sometimes the living give me more goosebumps then the dead." happy.gif

Yes, epic ! I think it could be an complete episode but much more it should not be - as you said, 2 alpha men laugh.gif

They would have to deal with something big in common, just one episode or an two-part episode.

If the episode is successful they could meet again - the possibility could be kept open, but would not be a need.

It would be interesting and definitely a little funny (for MillenniuM fans) happy.gif