Mysterious hole in sky is rare cloud formation

Rate this topic

Earthnut

We got a little snow over night, still lightly coming down, but I'm betting you got hammered in Illinois.

"Only the Southwest, Hawaii, Alaska and South Florida will escape the grip of the upcoming arctic blast that the polar vortex can be blamed for." ~ https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-42-states/37049255

post-3933-0-21076800-1416158412_thumb.jp

• Elders (Moderators)

Yikes! That's a huge extent of cold air. Is it normal to get snow that far south at this time of year?

The forecast for the UK is lots more rain, probably until well into January. The position and strength of the jet stream means we'll get a continuing sequence of storms being pushed over us from the Atlantic. I'm not complaining (too much!) since I can deal with rain better than snow and ice.

we got only a small snow fall in northern Illinois but north got 16 inches to 4 FEET of snow last week. Its the unseasonable cold more than the early snow [ except for those that got the big amounts ] that is causing huge problems. Both for human and animals, we went from fall to late winter almost over night .

we got only a small snow fall in northern Illinois but north got 16 inches to 4 FEET of snow last week. Its the unseasonable cold more than the early snow [ except for those that got the big amounts ] that is causing huge problems. Both for human and animals, we went from fall to late winter almost over night .

So true, we barely even saw a Fall, which concerns me for the rest of the Winter, and the low temperatures. And then, will we barely see a Spring and go straight to Summer?

So many animals die because they are unprepared for the freezing weather because they haven't any shelter.

Found this article that you all may find interesting ~

How Will the Polar Vortex Affect Wildlife?

https://blog.nature.org/science/2014/01/08/how-will-the-polar-vortex-affect-wildlife/