Normally, I do not discuss someone's guilt or innocent, because I personally prefer not to judge anyone. In the case of Bill Cosby, a man that has brought us so much joy, I have an opinion, and it is in agreement with Whoopi Goldberg, who is skeptical.

The reason I say this is, after the past year and a half of our family, specifically my son, in and out of court, I have seen people become greedy and stand before the judge and lie repeatedly. For some a lie is easy, and in his first case it was a retired, ex cop, who I am sure is missing his glory days in uniform. Then of course there's the incompetent defense attorney that never once defended, not even when the D A accused me, the mother, of forgery, who was not on trial. Without going into it in anymore detail since we now are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and it will be behind us, I do hurt for Bill Cosby, because this is a repeat of what happened years ago to him, as mentioned in the video below from "The View." I watched this happen first hand, people coming out of the woodwork with their greed, or wanting exposure, which creates more problems for everyone. And as was mentioned in the video, there is a statute of limitations in play here. The one woman in particular should have spoken up or filed charges sooner, even though I understand that most often, rape is very hard to prove, especially if there is no humiliating rape kit to go through. She waited 30 years. So, where's the evidence?

I praise Mrs. Cosby for standing by her husband through all of it, and both of them for saying, No comment," because they don't feel the allegations deserve one.

This country used to be that you were innocent until proven guilty, but with the corrupt judicial systems and corrupt and incompetent people working in it, the media juicing up a story, social media, and everyone wanting to voice their opinion, a person is now guilty until they prove their innocence. Again, I speak from first hand experience, and the saying is true, "money talks."

And to think this whole mess was started by another stand-up comic.

On the flip side of the coin ~ Everyone is capable of anything, especially if they have the money to pull it off. Having said that, I am still in agreement with Whoopi; skeptical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTebhdRvS64

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bill-cosby-breaks-silence-following-rape-allegations-says-201000380-us-weekly.html

Bill Cosby Breaks Silence Following Rape Allegations, Says "Thank You" to Supporters like Whoopi Goldberg

Bill Cosby has finally broken his silence. The 77-year-old actor has been under fire after 20 women -- including model Janice Dickinson -- have come forward accusing the Cosby Show alum of sexual assault.
Cosby tweeted thanks to two of his celebrity supporters, Whoopi Goldberg and Jill Scott, on Wednesday, Dec. 3. "Thank you @WhoopiGoldberg," he wrote, as well as, “Thank you @MissJillScott, from the Cosby Family."
Goldberg defended the accused star during a heated discussion on The View on Nov. 20. "Perhaps the police might have believed [the allegation], or the hospital. Don’t you do a kit when you say someone has raped you?" the co-host said last month. "I hope somebody gets to the bottom of this, but I’m going to reserve my judgment because I have a lot of questions, as I said. It’s crazy, but I have a lot of questions, because I know we all have friends who have gone through this."
Scott, who received an honorary degree from Cosby earlier this year at Temple University, slammed Twitter followers and the media for ruining the comedian's "magnificent legacy" on Monday, Dec. 1.
Dickinson, among some 20 other females, has claimed that Cosby drugged and raped her. In a tearful interview with CNN, Dickinson recalled an incident in 1982 and said: "I would like Cosby to come out and at least acknowledge that he is a pig, he is a monster, and he raped me."
View Comments (2859)

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines