Sign in to follow this  
Earthnut

Favorite Recipes

Since we've been chatting about food in another thread, and posting recipes, I thought it best to start a new thread just for them, so we can find them at any time.

Everyone who has tasted this crock pot recipe has ranted and raved. It is delicious and easy to make.

Crock Pot, Best Meal Ever

1 block of cream cheese (cut in chunks optional)

2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes OR

6 vine tomatoes diced (with or without skins) & Italian seasoning

Fresh Spinach bundle or 1 bag (remove stems)

Tortellini with cheese, best to use dry in vacuum packed box

Garlic Power or fresh (chopped fine) if preferred, to taste

1 box or 4 cups of vegetable broth

Place all ingredients in crock pot in order listed. Cook on low for 5-6 hrs, high for 3-4, or until everything is cooked and cream cheese is completely melted

Any meat you add will totally change the flavor, so I suggest serving any meat on the side

Same with any other ingredient, the flavor will change

In place of tortellini, cook pasta or Gnocchi (potato dumplings, I prefer sweet potato) and add to crock pot,

only when ready to serve

Italian cheese blend (amount comparable to cheese in tortellini) will need to be added with ingredients, before pouring vegetable broth

love crock pot meals. we did them a lot when I lived in Loves Park.

I have a friend here, Karen, that, when we celebrate birthdays, we decided to no longer spend money on things, and to feed each other instead. Whenever it's her birthday she will request one of two things, this crock pot meal, or my home made pizza. She's hooked. Trust me, it's that good. I believe it's the tortellini that when cooked, falls apart to let the cheese out in the sauce, and of course the cream cheese melts as well.

Here's a real good cake recipe, and I have experimented with flavors. Naturally, I love the dark chocolate fudge combination, but this original is addicting and easy.

FROSTING IN THE CAKE
1 box Butter Pecan Cake Mix
3 eggs
1 ¼ cups is water
½ cup oil (I use olive oil)
1 can Coconut Pecan Ready-To-Spread Frosting
Heat oven to 350º
Spray bundt pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with sugar.
(Naturally optional, but sugar gives the cake a nice coating so that no additional frosting is needed)
Beat in large bowl, cake mix, eggs, water & oil
Add prepared frosting & mix well. Spread in prepared pan.
Bake 35-45 minutes
Experiment with different combinations. The dark chocolate fudge combination is awesome. This cake is super moist, and even better the next day.

Sign in to follow this