Bletcher's Death

Rate this topic

Guest alpha

What ever it was it must have been ugly. Under Millennium 'cast and crew' Bill Smitrovich isn't mentioned anywhere [and they credited everyone who even showed their face] and under Bill Smitrovich's bio 'Millennium ' is not listed with his other appearences .... :eyes:

Guest Seraphim

I remember hearing his character was killed due to him wanting to leave. I did not know it was because of issues with Lance. I find that a shame.

• Elders (Admins)

I find that hard to believe myself. They are both experienced and repsected actors in their own right, consumate professionals. I'd assumed he was never cast as a long term role despite how fantastic and well loved Bletcher turned out to be.

I read about the feud on the IMDB, but the details were vague. According to Thomas J. Wright's commentary for The Hand of St. Sebastian, Lance and Terry O'Quinn were friends until Peter Watts became a villian in Season Three, so maybe Lance is a difficult guy to get along with.

Guest Seraphim

That is bad if that plot path made Lance and Terry cease to be friends >.< I was hoping that if season 4 has been done, that Watts would indeed be alive and cease to be a "villain". I still wonder if any plans for S4 had been made. I'd really like to know where they planned to go next

My understanding was that both Lance and Bill were completely professional towards each other and their craft - but thats where it ends. Lance can be a difficult presence on set - he's really an "actor's actor" and strikes me as being verbose not out of arrogance but confidence in his work.

Bill left the series to pursue other works - Im also sure that playing a "yes man" for almost an entire year wore thin on him.