Things People Don't Know About Their Cars, Etc.

10 Things People Don't Know About Their Cars

I'm sure there are more, and if you can think of something, please post it.

One thing for sure, keep a cutter in your car. Mine is a gift from my daughter, who also had my name put on it. It's a big knife, with one end having a box cutter to cut through your seat belt, and at the other end a glass breaker. I have mine wedged tight in my ashtray, so it doesn't get bounced around if in a wreck. I don't use the ashtray, so it's perfect. Hope I never need to use it, but feel safer knowing it's there. From what I've been told, electronics in your car lock up in a wreck, and if in or under water.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

I can't remember when I last drove a car. Probably 20, maybe 25 years ago. I do recall that it was basic-model, second-hand car. No power steering, often had to pull out the choke to get it started, windows were wound up or down using a handle. After a couple of scary incidents, I gave up driving. I can walk into town for shopping/library/doctor/dentist, and I'm a five-minute walk from the railway station for London/Oxford/etc. Big shopping is done by my husband who has a fairly oldish car, but one that has most of the current gizmos.

That cutter is a good idea, Darlene. I know that when seat belts became compulsory in the UK there were a lot of people worried about being trapped by their seat belts.The glass breaker is also a good idea. And that's also a good idea for people living in homes with double glazing. There's often the push here for people to have smoke alarms, but some double-glazed windows aren't easy to escape through, and double- or triple-glazing isn't easy to smash.

I like the last bit about using the turn signal. That's been on cars since practically the year dot, yet there are still people who don't seem to have a clue what it's there for.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines