Morleys

I learned new things about Morley Cigarettes!

For instance, there is a movie called "Prozac nation" With Christina Ricci in it. Guess what I saw in the movie! A pack of Morley Cigarettes! They aren't just a 1013 thing! I read tonight here int eh forums that they appear in "The Walking Dead".... and a candy version appeared n the Dick Van Dyke show in 1961! Marlboros used to be called Marleys... I guess it's a play on that??? Here I thought it was only an X-files/Millennium thing!

Is this the new punchbuggy game? Every time you see a pack of Morleys in a film or TV show you get to hit somebody? Or a new drinking game? ( just don't do that during Smoking man's appearances on the X Files.)

I decided to google Morley's which led me to the wiki page on them. WOW! Just thought I"d share. I really thought Morleys were a 1013 production "brand" lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morley_%28cigarette%29

viannen_25.gif

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, the list of shows, etc., that Morleys have been on is unbelievable. Everyone, click on the link and look at it...wow...ou87co.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I was a smoker, and I smoked Marlboros. So I noticed the Morleys in the X Files right away. I noticed the morley butt on the floor right away because the show made a point of it! LOL I thought it was a 1013 thing though, honestly because I'd never seen the fake brand before. Turns out it's a couple years older than me!

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

I'm betting Santa Claus smokes more then just Pall Malls. What a pathetic image for kids, Santa smoking.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

I did eventually figure out that the US area code 555 is reserved for TV/movies; and I did learn that "Alan Smithee" was the pseudonym used for directors who didn't want their real names associated with a movie.

But I didn't know that Morleys pre-dated X-Files until now. At first, I felt quite disappointed about that, but have decided to retro-engineer XF's Cigarette Smoking Man's use of Morleys as signifying a connection to a long list of evildoers. Works for me. fool.gif

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

After all that has been said about Santa, I highly recommend watching the movie "Get Santa." It is too funny, and especially seeing Santa in a completely different environment, and how the reindeer communicate... signlol.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines