http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/01/15/2015-oscar-nominations-complete-coverage/

2015 Oscar Nominations

Best Picture
“American Sniper”
“Birdman”
“Boyhood”
“The Grand Budapest Hotel”
“The Imitation Game”
“Selma”
“The Theory of Everything”
“Whiplash”
Actor in a Leading Role
Steve Carell, “Foxcatcher”
Bradley Cooper, “American Sniper”
Benedict Cumberbatch, “The Imitation Game”
Michael Keaton, “Birdman”
Eddie Redmayne, “The Theory of Everything”
Actress in a Leading Role
Marion Cotillard, “Two Days, One Night”
Felicity Jones, “The Theory of Everything”
Julianne Moore, “Still Alice”
Rosamund Pike, “Gone Girl”
Reese Witherspoon, “Wild”
Actor in a Supporting Role
Robert Duvall, “The Judge”
Ethan Hawke, “Boyhood”
Edward Norton, “Birdman”
Mark Ruffalo, “Foxcatcher”
J.K. Simmons, “Whiplash”
Actress in a Supporting Role
Patricia Arquette, “Boyhood”
Laura Dern, “Wild”I will
Emma Stone, “Birdman”
Keira Knightley, “The Imitation Game”
Meryl Streep, “Into the Woods”

Boyhood won the Golden Globes for best picture, but Oscars always end up surprising us. I believe the academy sees movies in a completely different light. My choice is American Sniper or The Imitation Game. Either movie would make me happy, and either star winning, Bradley Cooper for American Sniper, or Benedict Cumberbatch for The Imitation Game.

I was not impressed with the move, The Birdman, I didn't enjoy it at all and was glad when it ended, but I admit, Michael Keaton's acting was excellent in it, so winning the Golden Globe for best actor didn't bother me, just glad the movie itself didn't win.

Into the Woods was a big disappointment being a musical. I do like musicals, but was expecting a serious movie of fairy tales. I think they missed the mark on this one.

Angelina Jolie's Unbroken was very good, and I personally wish it had been nominated over Birdman.

Eddie Redmayne won for The Theory of Everything, and I can understand why. It was a very difficult role to play.

Actress in a Leading Role is a hard choice. I'm kinda leaning towards Felicity Jones in Theory of Everything.

Actor Supporting Role ~ hoping it's Robert Duvall, but wouldn't surprise me if J.K. Simmons doesn't win again since he's considered a favorite and won the Golden Globe.

Actress Supporting Role ~ please not Meryl Streep.

I will stop my personal opinions here.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay guys, just to get things started. I've seen all the movies except Selma and Whiplash, and doubt if they would impress me as much as Clint Eastwood's "American Sniper." It is my pick to win best picture, and Bradley Cooper, who portrays Chris Kyle perfectly, is my pick for best actor. Totally, 100% impressed with this movie.

Wikipedia ~

Christopher Scott "Chris" Kyle (April 8, 1974 – February 2, 2013) was a United States Navy SEAL proclaimed to be the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history, having accumulated 160 confirmed kills out of 255 probable kills. These numbers are based on individual shooter logs, filled out at the end of a mission, and reported to higher command. Confirmed kills must have a witness.

Kyle served four tours in the Iraq War and was awarded several commendations for acts of heroism and meritorious service in combat. He received two Silver Star Medals, five Bronze Star Medals, one Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals. Iraqi insurgents dubbed him the "Devil of Ramadi" and placed a series of ever increasing bounties on his head, purported to have eventually reached the low six figures. He became known by the moniker "Legend" among the general infantry and Marines whom he was tasked to protect. This title initially originated in jest among fellow SEALs following his taking of a sabbatical to train other snipers in Fallujah. He was wounded twice and involved in six IED attacks.
Kyle was honorably discharged from the U.S. Navy in 2009 and wrote a bestselling autobiography, American Sniper, which was published in January 2012. On February 2, 2013, Kyle was shot and killed at a shooting range near Chalk Mountain, Texas, along with friend Chad Littlefield. The man accused of killing them is awaiting trial for murder.

With six Academy Award nominations, "American Sniper" is earning praise for its realistic portrayal of the Iraq War's urban battles, and the conversations that military families have at home.

Director Clint Eastwood and Bradley Cooper sit down with Natalie Morales to talk about their new film, “American Sniper,” a deeply personal story based on the memoir of Navy SEAL Chris Kyle.

Bradley Cooper, 'American Sniper' Widow Join Forces To Tell Story | TODAY

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Navy SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle signs a copy of his new book “American Sniper” for a Camp Pendleton sailor at the base’s Country Store, Jan. 13, 2012.

Click to enlarge ~

post-3933-0-10550900-1421867007_thumb.jp

10 Questions with American Sniper Chris Kyle

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)