Rover Poll  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/27/mars-rover-shadow-photo_n_6552762.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

post-3933-0-66984500-1422469363_thumb.jp

Mars Rover Photo Shows 'Human Shadow,' Or Maybe It Doesn't

The Huffington Post By Ed Mazza
From rats to skulls to a disappearing doughnut, so-called "ufologists" claim to have seen all sorts of strange things in photos taken by NASA's Curiosity Mars rover.
Now they're saying that a rover photo taken in 2012 (see below) shows the shadow of a human or human-like alien "messing with" the rover.
"The person has no helmet and their short hair is visible and in high detail," Taiwan-based ufologist Scott Waring wrote in a post on his blog UFO Sightings Daily. "The person has on air tanks on their back and a suit that covers most of the body except the hair."
Waring goes on to wonder if the image indicates that the rover isn't on Mars at all but right here on Earth--or that humanoid aliens live on the Red Planet.
Of course, there's always the (more likely) possibility that the shadow only looks like that of a human form. It makes sense that our brains would interpret the image this way. Humans are wired to spot patterns and even faces in images--it's a phenomenon called pareidolia.
Here's the same shadow from a slightly different angle taken about 28 seconds later. Yes, it still looks vaguely like a person. But if it is, "he or she" managed to keep perfectly still, because the figure hasn't budged even slightly.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its the same argument, did Apollo 11 land on the moon . They say the flag is waving in a breeze and therefore can't be on the moon . figures don't lie , but liars figure . you can see what you want to see if you try hard enough.

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

you can see what you want to see if you try hard enough.

So true! Since there is only one vote for Earth, I can only assume you voted for Mars. Wonder who else joined you.

I think polls are fun.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Wow Rhysan, you came up with an awesome picture. Wish I could figure out which part of it is the "man's" hair and bottom. On the other hand, hope this didn't spoil the fun. You have to admit, it does look like it could be a man. I know, I will start a new poll.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Oh I didn't make the picture. I saw it on another forum and thought I'd share it. The only thing I can think of that could be the hair is shadows caused by the uneven and rough terrain. But yeah, it really does look like a man.

protagonists-sig-smaln1sty.gif

I'm one of those people that doesn't trust the government, and know for a fact that they constantly deceive us. There's been other pictures but I will have to find them at a later date. So far it looks like I'm the only one that thinks Rover is still here, but at the same time, we do have the technology to put Rover on Mars, so maybe I should have had another category, like "undecided." LOL

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Mars.

The thing is, that though it's technically possible to do various bits of fakery, there's just too many people outside NASA who have been tracking space objects even since before Sputnik. Amateur astronomers, both optical and radio, would have noticed if the Mars Rover had blasted off from the Earth but never got to Mars. Similarly with regard to all the moon missions.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Mars.

The thing is, that though it's technically possible to do various bits of fakery, there's just too many people outside NASA who have been tracking space objects even since before Sputnik. Amateur astronomers, both optical and radio, would have noticed if the Mars Rover had blasted off from the Earth but never got to Mars. Similarly with regard to all the moon missions.

Point well taken. Yes, I'm sure Rover is on Mars, but someone had to vote for Earth...LOL

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

There's nothing wrong about being sceptical. It's difficult to know who to trust, especially when we've all been lied to, in one way or another. I like Walkabout's comment: "figures don't lie, but liars figure".

I wish I could get to grips with astronomy. The problem is, I live in a built-up area, so lots of light pollution; and it's cold out there. All the charts of the night sky show the constellations, which I absolutely cannot see. I guess I have the opposite of Pareidolia <-- great word Rhysan, must remember that one.

Someone posted on another forum that Jupiter is currently visible in the sky from the UK. She posted in terms I could understand - that it's diagonally down and to the left of the current position of the Moon as at around 9 pm UK time. I looked out my kitchen door - and it's the bright light I've been seeing for the past couple of days and wondered what it was. Wow.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett