Fun Poll - Apocalypse 2015: Five ways the world could end in the near future

Rate this topic

Simon Black

Originally posted in

"Climate change brings world closer to 'doomsday', say scientists" by Earthnut

Simon Black, on 04 Mar 2015 - 9:32 PM, said:

https://metro.co.uk/2015/01/02/apocalypse-2015-five-ways-the-world-could-end-in-the-near-future-5007081/

Earthnut, on 05 Mar 2015 - 8:00 PM, said:

We should start a new thread with this title and have a poll for the members to vote from the list of 5, unless of course someone comes up with a #6.

So let´s do this poll!laugh.gifWhat do you think?

Most of our sicknesses and diseases are man-made, and so many things we consume these days (Rx drugs, processed foods, etc.) will eventually kill us, so I totally agree with #1.

#2, man plays God, but he hasn't the ability to create the divine, only things to worship in the flesh.

I'm ready for a poll. Don't forget to include asteroids, the sun burning out, and an alien attack.

After running a few errands, I thought that we should add to the list war. One day Einstein was asked what weapons WW 3 would be fought with, and he answered by saying that he doesn't know what weapons WW 3 would use, but said that WW 4 would be fought with sticks and stones.

So far our list includes ~

World War 3

World Warming/The Sun

Man-made Chemicals/Prescriptions/Plagues

Earth's Magnetic Field/Weather Disasters

Asteroid Strike

Machines Take Over (Creating gods as in "The Terminator")

Aliens

Title them anyway you feel fit. This is what I have put together. This is going to be fun.

1. War- WWIII. It can be global thermonuclear war, or chemical warfare. It has to be a war sufficient enough to poison the soil and water so that no one can survive afterwards.

2. pandemic- be it man-made like the prion altered marburg in Millennium, or natural like a mutated flu or ebola or other virus.

3. Climate change- This could be too hot or too cold for too long, or a rollercoaster of both extremes that kills food crops and starves food animals, etc.

4. Comet/asteroid

5. God. If you read and believe Revelations, you know that if God decides it's time, we will get 1 through 4 at the earth along with lots of other horrors. . With this one you get the wars, the plagues, pestilence, famine, drought, poisoned water, beheadings, global takeover, earthquakes, storms, volcanoes, an asteroid or comet, it's got everything. This one seems most likely to me. If you're atheist, then just see this as an "all of the above" choice. skull.gif

Updated list ~ Thanks for your contributions. I think we're close to starting our poll, but will wait awhile longer.

World War 3

World Warming/The Sun

Man-made Chemicals/Prescriptions/Plagues

Earth's Magnetic Field/Weather Disasters

Comet/Asteroid Strike

Aliens

Act of God

• Like 1

laugh.gifsignlol.gif ...

Yeah, best to wait. We never know who will show up from day to day. I'd give it to the end of the week myself.

What about planet over-crowding & starvation? With so many species becoming extinct, and so much of the meat at the stores is so unfit to eat, this could be a cause. Prices on everything has gone up, and shelves could get emptier as time goes by.

Current global population of over 7 billion is already two to three times higher than the sustainable level. Several recent studies show that Earth's resources are enough to sustain only about 2 billion people at a European standard of living.

https://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/3_times_sustainable

~ ~ ~

Was just scrolling through the news and read that NASA has 19 satellites orbiting Earth. That's a lot, and think of the power they have over controlling all communications, and Lord only knows what else. Here's the video showing the satellite orbits.

Here's the new and improved list ~

World War 3
World Warming/The Sun
Man-made Chemicals
Prescription Drugs
Plagues/Virus
Earth's Magnetic Field/Weather Disasters/Climate Change
Comet/Asteroid Strike
Aliens
Act of God

Yeah, best to wait. We never know who will show up from day to day. I'd give it to the end of the week myself.

What about planet over-crowding & starvation? With so many species becoming extinct, and so much of the meat at the stores is so unfit to eat, this could be a cause. Prices on everything has gone up, and shelves could get emptier as time goes by.

Good point! Poor harvest due to drought or environmental influences, sick animals due to medication abuse

and of course environmental influences by human being overpopulation and the few edible food becomes scarce. (Think about Soylent Green )

This could trigger World War III- but also the controversy over fossil fuels such as gas and oil can trigger a war.

a few of the possibilities mentioned belong together because one is the trigger.

I originally had a few together and decided to break them down. We need short answers, and maybe the question should be what "starts" the apocalypse, since some things happen together.

Is there such a thing as a "natural" virus or plague. I believe they all are man made.

Maybe we should have an, "All of the Above," option.