Earthnut

Fear The Walking Dead ~ BEWARE ~ SPOILERS

‘The Walking Dead’ Spinoff Debuts First Footage
The Hollywood Reporter
March 29, 2015
By Lesley Goldberg
AMC used Sunday’s season finale of The Walking Dead to unspool the first look at the spinoff of the flagship zombie drama, Fear The Walking Dead.
The new series, called Fear The Walking Dead, is set to debut at a date to be determined in the late summer and is set in Los Angeles.
Cliff Curtis (Gang Related) stars as Sean Cabrera, a teacher who shares a son with his ex-wife. Sons of Anarchy's Kim Dickens co-stars as Nancy, a guidance counselor who works at the school with Sean and is seeing him romantically. Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) co-stars as Nancy’s son Nick, who has battled a drug problem. And Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Woods) is will play Nancy’s ambitious daughter, Ashley, who is the polar opposite of Nick and dreams of leaving L.A. for Berkeley when the apocalypse strikes.
3b4ffc4abfc0dc3c9ee47c960cc16eb5659f0d3a
Fear The Walking Dead stands alone from the flagship and has been described as starting out as a prequel at the dawn of the apocalypse before catching up with the original series, based on Robert Kirkman’s long-running comics.
Kirkman and Dave Erickson (Sons of Anarchy) co-wrote the pilot and exec produce alongside Walking Dead mainstays Gale Anne Hurd, Dave Alpert and Greg Nicotero. Adam Davidson directed the pilot.

FWTD will debut in the summer with a six-episode freshman season that will lead into the already announced sixth season of TWD. Season 2 of FTWD has already been greenlit for 2016. Check out the footage and stay tuned to THR for more Walking Dead finale coverage.
  • Like 1

From AMC ~ http://www.amctv.com/shows/fear-the-walking-dead

About the Show

What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in The Walking Dead? This summer, AMC will answer that question with Fear The Walking Dead, an all-new original series set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world.
Starring Kim Dickens (Gone Girl, Sons of Anarchy), Cliff Curtis (Missing, Gang Related), Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) and Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Storm) and Executive Produced by Dave Erickson (Marco Polo, Sons of Anarchy), Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and David Alpert, Fear The Walking Dead premieres this summer, with a second season airing in 2016.

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015/3/30/8311735/the-walking-dead-invincible-outcast-fear-the-walking-dead-interview-robert-kirkman

Robert Kirkman, if not yet a household name, probably should be.

He is the writer behind the long-running, award-winning comic book The Walking Dead, and one of the people who helped shepherd that comic into what has become the most watched basic cable television show in history. And like some sort of pop-culture hydra, for every one success he sees, two more seem to spring up alongside it.
Now a spinoff of The Walking Dead's show, Fear the Walking Dead, is in the works. Cinemax purchased the rights to Kirkman's Outcast comic before it went into print, and AMC is working on turning a third comic, Thief of Thieves, into a show.
And that doesn't touch on all of the comics that continue to flourish on their own, or the video games, or the movie, or the tabletop game.
Kirkman is an industry.
But despite his many successes, his thriving catalog of works, his growing company and spreading reach, Kirkman seems haunted by the shadows of possible failure. And it doesn't seem to be just a fear of failing, but of letting down comic book fans, creators, comics.
In 2008, Kirkman did what at the time seemed like the unthinkable: He gave up a job at Marvel Comics to work full-time at indie comic book publisher Image Comics.
Years later he explained why.

"The main reason, the reason I want to talk about now," he said in a 2013 YouTube video, "is I did it to save the entire comic book industry."

The nine-minute video, which has become known as the "Robert Kirkman Manifesto," delves into all of the things that Kirkman saw were wrong with the comic book industry.
No one, he said, reads books or watches movies and only ever aspires to create sequels to those books or movies. People don't get into those creative jobs to make Pulp Fiction 2 or write Moby Dick 2. But that's how the business of comic books works, he said.
"I DID IT TO SAVE THE ENTIRE COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY."
"We come into the comic book industry to create our own work and we eventually graduate up to Marvel and that's the end of the story," he said.
What comics need to thrive are more independent comics, more people who create new ideas and own and control those ideas, the theory goes.
The video was the launching point for something that has always shaped Kirkman's career: creator activism.
Earlier this year, South by Southwest organizers contacted me to ask if I'd like to interview Kirkman on stage during the March show. Creator activism is the topic he wants to discuss, they said.
I ask him about it when we first meet over breakfast in a little hotel restaurant in Austin. It's the day before we're set to go on stage and talk in front of an audience about his ideas and creations.
"YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE THAT THAT UNRELENTING, ZOMBIE-LIKE FORCE IS CHASING YOUR CAREER AT ALL TIMES."
The way Kirkman describes it, creator activism sounds like a strong belief that the best creative works come from the people who can maintain control of what they make. That, tinged with an underlying fear that despite his tremendous, almost unbelievable successes in comics, games, television and soon, perhaps, movies, everything may at any moment come crashing down around him.
"All I'm saying is, creators should always try to keep their own best interests at heart," Kirkman says. "This is a tough gig. I'm two days away from not being popular. When your career's on a downturn, it's very hard to turn that around, and so writing and writing well and doing new jobs well — if you're working in video games or comics or TV or whatever — that's an essential part of having a career. But recognizing the opportunities that come along, because they're always happening, and knowing when to jump and when to pivot and when to change gears — it's an essential part of making it. No matter how popular or successful you are — I always try to keep in mind that there have been many people way more popular than I'll ever be that couldn't get arrested now.
"You have to be aware that that unrelenting, zombie-like force is chasing your career at all times. Do whatever you can to combat that."

that looks interesting, thanks for sharing zombiethumbsup.jpg

Love this image...it's awesome.

Nice official poster! (*click*) Still not sure if we're gonna see the show on the telly here in Finland.. If not, must look for other options.

post-1436-0-78081500-1435700276_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Nice official poster! (*click*) Still not sure if we're gonna see the show on the telly here in Finland.. If not, must look for other options.

attachicon.gifftwd.jpg

Oh yes!in that poster i can already imagine much good stuffbiggrin.gif

Oh yes!in that poster i can already imagine much good stuffbiggrin.gif

OMG, me too. I am so excited. I was raised in California and it looks like it's Santa Monica Pier.

Hope you get to see it Viivi. Often they are posted after they have aired and maybe you can stream it to watch it.

OMG, me too. I am so excited. I was raised in California and it looks like it's Santa Monica Pier.

Hope you get to see it Viivi. Often they are posted after they have aired and maybe you can stream it to watch it.

I think so too Darlene, i also think that it is Santa Monica , i was there in 2000 and for me

it's kind of funny to see this place again in this context of "the walking dead" .

I think so too Darlene, i also think that it is Santa Monica , i was there in 2000 and for me

it's kind of funny to see this place again in this context of "the walking dead" .

I think therefore this nutty Earth person would use another term besides "funny," LOL. I think therefore I will say ~ It's kinda creepy, or terrifying to see this place again in this context of "The Walking Dead." And there's no telling how many other familiar sites I will see watching this show. It's freaking me out and I haven't even seen the first episode yet.