Standing up for the victims

Monday 27 April [not sure of the time] should be opening arguments in the Aurora Colorado movie massacre that occurred 19 July 2012. Many of you know that my youngest nephew was one of the 12 who would not walk out of that theater. We, family members, are campaigning a NO NOTORIETY effort for the media to focus on the victims and their families and NOT the perp . We are trying to deny him the fame he craves by his actions. If you wish , when you see his image and repeated use of his name , ask who ever is the source to join this cause for all mass murderers [including the co -pliot who crash a German airplane ] . I'm not sure what you need to do to watch opening arguments and trial but am posting URLs . I'm not sure how much I will be gone while I deal with this ; the trial is expected to last several months .

Opening arguments : https://www.thedenverchannel.com/home

trial : https://kdvr.com/

post-758-0-39374600-1429925949_thumb.jpg post-758-0-58785100-1429925972_thumb.jpg
  • Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

I do think that the No Notoriety campaign is an important one. Many crimes are committed because the perpetrator likes the feeling of power. But there is a growing trend for perpetrators to like the fame, and the attention of the news and social media give them that. The voices of the victims (which includes their families and friends) seem to get lost.

• Like 2

It is my honor and privilege to post John Larimer's picture, and the remembrance for all the victims.

Randee, you are so dearly loved and appreciated. You and your family will always be in my heart and prayers.

Love and huggers to every family.

Click to enlarge images ~

post-3933-0-83285200-1430066975_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-32930900-1430066981_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-41859500-1430066985_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-87816100-1430066987_thumb.jp

post-3933-0-35258200-1430067072_thumb.jp

Opening arguments were yesterday after more than 1000 days since a perp decided to make his mark in history to make his life ; ' more happy ' . Robbing people of the their life would accomplish this. I got through the prosecution , but then my sciatic began to act up and I had to go lay down . Another sad fact is knowing his defense team wanted to defend him, obviously for their fame as well. I must commend the prosecution as they used his name ONLY once , after that only general pronouns .

Kudos also for Ch 7 Denver who covered opening arguments by limited showing of his likeness and rarely mentioning his name . They gave much of the before time to the victims .

The daily trial will be starting at 8:30 AM [ MDT] with every other Friday off. The trial is expected to last 4 months including sentencing . They are seeking the death penalty . There is a worse punishment which I would prefer [ and a possibility ] but bottom line is , nothing will bring back loved ones who were taken and families made whole again. My only real hope is he is never released which could happen if he is sent to a mental hospital.

Please feel free to make your opinions know if you wish . Its one of the reasons I agreed to this thread . In a way , it fits the Millennium theme of season one , but I believe this person to be sane and therefore responsible for his actions .

Opening arguments were yesterday after more than 1000 days since a perp decided to make his mark in history to make his life ; ' more happy ' . Robbing people of the their life would accomplish this. I got through the prosecution , but then my sciatic began to act up and I had to go lay down . Another sad fact is knowing his defense team wanted to defend him, obviously for their fame as well. I must commend the prosecution as they used his name ONLY once , after that only general pronouns .

Kudos also for Ch 7 Denver who covered opening arguments by limited showing of his likeness and rarely mentioning his name . They gave much of the before time to the victims .

The daily trial will be starting at 8:30 AM [ CDT] with every other Friday off. The trial is expected to last 4 months including sentencing . They are seeking the death penalty . There is a worse punishment which I would prefer [ and a possibility ] but bottom line is , nothing will bring back loved ones who were taken and families made whole again. My only real hope is he is never released which could happen if he is sent to a mental hospital.

Please feel free to make your opinions know if you wish . Its one of the reasons I agreed to this thread . In a way , it fits the Millennium theme of season one , but I believe this person to be sane and therefore responsible for his actions .

I too believe him to be sane and responsible.

Death penalty is too easy, poof, you're gone, it's over, and there is no satisfaction in death. Plus, killing someone that killed others makes us no different. Inmates on death row is extreme punishment in itself, because it's a life of solitary confinement. Life in (high security) prison without parole is also a hard punishment, as long as the "without parole" sticks.

Having said all of that, you are right Randee, there is no punishment, death or otherwise, that can bring back a loved one. But to mankind, justice must be served, and if man's systems fail, which they usually do since they are so corrupt, then I can assure you, and all the families who lost a loved one that day, God's justice will not fail, because Father God is vengeful. "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord." Trust me when I say that I am also reminding myself of those words, and where I find my own peace. Love you.

I realized a time mistake . I changed in my post but can't in 'quote ' . The starting time is 8:30 AM MDT [ not CDT ] Today was emotional testimony from those in the theater who lost someone or in one case, a survivor who is severely disabled. Also one first responder . The defense made many objections but no cross examinations. This judge , while being careful, is keeping things moving at a good pace . Here is the link for the trial again . https://www.thedenverchannel.com/aurora-movie-theater-shooting/trial-live comments follow beneath .

each side [ defense and prosecution] have six members. not sure if they are all attorneys as some may be legal aids . I do not know if the prosecution is lead by the District Attorney or the assistant District Attorney . Today , most witnesses were first responders. They were questioned in detail by the prosecution and briefly by defense .Some were excused and some were to be recalled by the defense at a later time .

The trial will end early this afternoon and will be off all day Friday . Every other Friday the trial will not be in session .

each side [ defense and prosecution] have six members. not sure if they are all attorneys as some may be legal aids . I do not know if the prosecution is lead by the District Attorney or the assistant District Attorney . Today , most witnesses were first responders. They were questioned in detail by the prosecution and briefly by defense .Some were excused and some were to be recalled by the defense at a later time .

The trial will end early this afternoon and will be off all day Friday . Every other Friday the trial will not be in session .

You know, as stressful as it is for the families, it's a good thing that they are not over-whelmed with too many days in a row. It's very tiring going to and from court.

Chances are it is an assistant D A, with assistants, and then if there is a problem, the D A will step in. I don't foresee any problems because this is really a cut and dry case...he's guilty, period, paragraph. The issue will be deciding upon the punishment and his sanity at the time of the crimes

Love and huggers to everyone in your family my dear sis Randee.

Thursday after the jury was dismissed for the day , both sides made motions and counter motions to the judge about will be admissible at the sentencing phase . The judge will rule sometime in the future. There is no rush as this will take months to get to that point . Trial resumes Monday morning .